Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_RTCW_Ominous_Rumors

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by jb_gamble, May 10, 2014

1. Mar 2, 2013
    Map based on the first mission Ominous Rumors from Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

I still have bits to finish and test, its about 95% done.

Map Info and Screenshots

- 3 Levels
    - 5 Items/Weapons

Part 1 - Escape
    ze_rtcw_ominous_rumors_b520003 ze_rtcw_ominous_rumors_b520005 ze_rtcw_ominous_rumors_b520006 ze_rtcw_ominous_rumors_b520013

Part 2 - Castle Keep
    ze_rtcw_ominous_rumors_b520028
    ze_rtcw_ominous_rumors_b520036

Part 3 - Tram Ride
    ze_rtcw_ominous_rumors_b520040 ze_rtcw_ominous_rumors_b520042 ze_rtcw_ominous_rumors_b520046
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 8
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Apr 9, 2012
    • May 31, 2012
      I like how it looks from these screenshots but there's something about it that makes me feel as if it was bland. I guess I'll have to wait for the release, though, but some of the sprites look weird to me.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Oh my god, i seriously cannot wait now. I am moist.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Mar 20, 2012
      • Feb 27, 2012
        @jb_gamble what are some things you can leak? Are the items based off of weapons from the original game? Will most of the objectives consist of doing the mission as in the original game? Are the weapons going to be located in the secrets of the original game? Because, i remember the beginning like the back of my hand, i've played through the game so many times :wink:
      • Mar 2, 2013
        Are the items based off of weapons from the original game?

Yes, there is a Bazooka, Flamethrower and the mounted MG42 in this map. The other weapons that you get in the game like the Tesla Gun and Venom Gun i didn't do because they only become available much later in the game and as this is based on the first level I didn't think it would be right to have them.

Will most of the objectives consist of doing the mission as in the original game?

Yes.

Are the weapons going to be located in the secrets of the original game?

Yes.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Feb 27, 2012
          Hell yeah, sounds cool to me. I seriously cannot wait, i loved this game.
        • Mar 8, 2013
          the lighting is too uniform (both in terms of intensity as well as colour), which is good for visibility in a frantic game mode like ZE, but shit for atmosphere. still, really looking forward to playing this.
        • Aug 12, 2012
        • Mar 2, 2013
          The first version is done, i had some issues with particles but they got sorted. I made slight changes to the lighting in certain area's as i wasn't happy with it, it not a 100% how i want it but its close.

ze_rtcw_ominous_rumors_rc10003
          ze_rtcw_ominous_rumors_rc10006
          ze_rtcw_ominous_rumors_rc10001

Download

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5uy9hd

Im not putting it on GameBanana for now, depends if the map is any good or not.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            Could we post it on the suggestion thread? I am super excited for this map and want to live test it so bad!
          • Mar 2, 2013
            • Like Like x 1
            • Feb 27, 2012
              Just tested the first level out by myself. Noticed 2 bugs. First thing, is that the Sandbags don't seem to activate. Tried press e, looking down, looking up, looking all around, pressing right click, and it refused to work. Is there another way to activate it or something? Also, there was a missing decal on this board.

• Sep 25, 2013
              The sandbags seemed to work fine for me :0 maybe your fat fingers cant press the keys <3 XD

In all seriousness though really cool map, just gave the entire thing a run through (not looking for bugs because I have to go just to check it out). Nice job man
            • Mar 2, 2013
              Strange, the only way you activate is by pressing e. I'll take a quick look in hammer.

Edit

Yeah i cant seen any problem with it.
            • Jan 1, 2013
              Probably some brushes blocking it or so? :O
              Still learning xD
            • Feb 27, 2012
              Oh i think i know why. I think it was because i was a terrorist. With that then, Black Magic can be used by any Terrorist (not filtered to CT)
            • Mar 2, 2013
              No but its filtered to the person that picks it up.
            • Mar 20, 2012
              can we put it in the map suggestion thread?^^