Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Luffaren, Jan 2, 2016

1. Feb 24, 2011
    Heyo there!
    I have now finished my map for the Mapeadores zombie christmas mapping contest, under the name of ze_santassination.
    As the name states it's all about assassinating good ol'e Santa Claus. He's gone naughty and it's up to you to save Christmas!

It has 4 stages, human items, npc's, John Cena, Michael Cera, EA Sports and something extra on top.
    The map is at pretty much every major limit atm. There were many times where the map file got corrupt, though Hammer served me well with its autosave feature, luckily.
    You'll probably notice the lack of detail toward the later stages, it's generally because of those danged limits and whatnot. I hope that won't be a huge drawback on your experience.

I shall provide a download link after i've gotten the chance to test it properly in a closed session. I'd like to avoid any major issues before going all out public, i hope that's understandable.
    I'll probably wait with releasing it on Gamebanana until the official contest testing is done on top of that. I have no exact date/time for that test, but it seems that it might be somewhere between the 6th-10th Jan. No promises though.

Until then, here's a few not-so-spoiler-y screenies:

I'll post an update whenever the link goes public and whatnot.

Contest thread: http://mapeadores.com/temas/mapeadores-zombie-christmas-mapping-contest-2015.17723/#post-54731
    pF-version contest thread: http://plaguefest.com/threads/cs-go-ze-zs-christmas-mapping-contest-mapeadores.20874/

"Muchachos el muyo bien, si" ~Abraham Baconlord
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 8
    • Like Like x 5
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Feb 1, 2010
      Looks awesome cant wait to play it :grin:
    • Jun 11, 2012
      EA Sport and Michael Cera makes this map 10/Cena
    • Feb 24, 2011
      Hello there again!

The map is now ready. I have made several fixes, tweaks, additions and optimizations since the test which should make the map fully playable.
      I'd like to thank everyone attending at the test and providing valuable information. I'd also like to thank Envi, Syo and Kaemon for helping out answering on some technical doubts, thoughts and issues. I ran in to so many weird things, especially towards the end. Mapping can be stressful as hell at times.
      I'll upload the map to Gamebanana once it's been through the official contest test.

The map is supposed to be a challenge, especially toward the later stages. Things might perhaps seem too difficult to begin with, but that's usually how things are with new maps. I'll let the map sink in for a while before reconsidering some tweaks balance-wise, but if there's anything really big/map breaking i'll try to fix it as soon as possible.
      If you find any issues/something major, don't hesitate to contact me right away about it. I'll also take note of requests and more minor stuff, though i can't promise that all requests will be implemented.

Finally, i'd like to request of you (especially the people testing the other day):
      Please don't spoil the map too much for people, let them experience it themselves if possible.

Download link:

• Like Like x 5
      • Jul 23, 2012
        >check plaguefest
        >see luffaren posted new map
        >not secret project
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Feb 24, 2011
          Sorry babe, in due time.
          Once things are settled with this map i'll jump straight to my secret ways. I'll probably release it as soon as this stage is done (stage 6). It's gone on for way too long.
        • Feb 1, 2010
          Just played map on GFL looks awesome! Good work :grin:
        • Feb 1, 2010
          Admin was just spaming this all the time it was funny :grin:

• Like Like x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Feb 24, 2011
            The map is now all-out public on Gamebanana: http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/188808
            There are things i still need to fix and tweak. Some stages are too hard as things are. A v1_1 will be replacing v1 as soon as possible.
            This TODO list is getting pretty big, dangalang.
            • Like Like x 1