Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_SanzeninEstate

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by benmytot, Mar 11, 2013

1. Nov 19, 2010
    I'm currently working on a Zombie Escape map based on the Anime : Hayate No Gotoku. Location: Sanzenin Nagi's Mansion.

I do not have any Screen Shots at the moment but I'll try to post them up soon..

I'm thinking of making it a 3 Level-ed Map :
    Level 1
    You spawn at the front gate of the estate, making your way to the generator room to get the power restored to the Mansion(I want to put a boss in there that looks like a ROBOT that cut the power to the mansion, but I'm not too sure how to do that and I don't have the model for the robot). Anyways, after defeating the ROBOT boss, humans have to make their way to the mansion and that will be the end of level 1.

So far I've only came up with level 1 but I'm slowly figuring out Level 2 and Level 3.
    If you guys can offer me any kind of help, it will be greatly appreciated. :curllip::curllip::curllip:
    • Like Like x 6
    • Feb 19, 2012
      Seems way too early to make a thread about a map if you don't have anything to show yet. Not hating or anything, but announcing a map and making threads early on can actually kill your motivation to make the map at all. Sounds weird but it's true.

Now, what kind of help are you looking for? Modelling? Animating? Mapping? There's tons of tutorials in the tutorials section if you have any problems, or you can find tutorials on gamebannana.

For ideas, i'm not familiar with this series so perhaps somebody else can chime in.
    • Nov 19, 2010
      I'm looking for a boss model and making my boss move around
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Haha lol, I have to agree. Also, it may make your map look far worse off because announcing early makes it progressivly more impressive onto what's going to come, and when it flops, it's twice as hard and more difficult to get motivated again afterwards. I'm saying this because it's pretty much the way it is with SSBB now, but anyways as long as you keep it at this single post it's fine.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      You didn't even make a zm map yet. Why go straight on a ze map? And with levels and a moving boss???????? Bad idea.
    • Nov 19, 2010
      Well, I know I havent made a zm map so it would be a bad choice for me to make a ze one. But the thing is, I have no ideas for a zm map and before I tried to make a ze map, I was playing around a lot with hammer. Also, I'm not sure when I will finish the map, might take a very long time but I'm trying to make it enjoyable for everyone
      • Like Like x 2
      • Jan 14, 2013
        good luck ! hoping to see some pictures soon :smile:
      • Nov 19, 2010
        Thank you! Good luck on your map as well =D
      • Feb 1, 2011
        Bunch of fuckin' haters on this thread. What happened to our "supportive" mapping community? Good luck on your first map, Ben.
        • Agree x 5
        • Like x 1
        • Winner x 1
        • Informative x 1
        • Useful x 1
        • Oct 17, 2011
          I'm not being a hater. You can check old threads and see other people's responses about going with a zm or mg map first to get more ideas and better at mapping.Anyways, sorry for the bad comment. You're one of my close friends on zm Benny and good luck on your first ze map.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          For his first map, it's not bad at all. He has made a bunch of "noob" mistakes, but that's because he is a "noob" to map making. I got to test it out earlier. Tomorrow i will be telling him some things to make it look a little better and some other things he should just know. Like grid sizes for walls, blending textures together, etc. I will agree with Mario in a nicer way, however. It is a bad choice to start with a ZE map as your place to start, but if you're committed to making it, then do it. A ZM map or even just a TDM map for default server would be a better place to start seeing as it is much less work and an easier place to begin learning from. But i want to see how this turns out, it looks pretty interesting. I mean, you could always put this on halt and come back to it later, but it's up to you, Benmy. Good luck with the map!
          • Useful Useful x 1
          • Nov 11, 2011
            Tony allowed me to test out ben's map and I was impressed at how well he started his map since he is a beginner. He already had his triggers, clips, and other functions down pretty well. As Tony mentioned, he is working on the map with a 1 unit grid (which is terrible) so some brushes weren't aligned, used a lot of textures instead of models for certain things, and just a bunch of mistakes that beginners make. I personally liked the maps beginning. To those who are shooting him down for describing an idea, that is fucked up. Everyone has their beginning, if he feels comfortable enough to tackle on a ZE project, then let him do it. He will ask for help just like all of us did when we first started mapping (except for @Luffaren of course). We need more mappers, support them, not look down on them. @benmytot if you need help, message me or @Tony the Tiger!! :D and we'll help you out. Don't give up. :thumbsup:
            • Friendly Friendly x 3
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Nov 19, 2010
              Thank for your support dill =D I'll try to make the map look awesome =D
              Thanks Tony for the Feedback =D and Sajak as well =D Thank you guys! I won't give up and I'll continue to make the map!
              • Like Like x 2
              • Friendly Friendly x 2
              • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
              • Apr 9, 2012
                I'm pretty sure I never told him to... quit mapping?/being unsupportive? Because I kind of feel the way you're trying to say we did that. I just realised that all the previous postings I did on SSBB reverted back to me pretty hard, so I just told him my experience about that. I'm dying for new maps, and I'm very curious to what this is going to be, and as Sajak told it seems to be pretty decent so there's no need to worry. No hating or whatsoever involved!

@benmytot in any case sorry if it did feel... offending? If so that was not my goal, I just wanted to give a friendly tip lol
              • Nov 19, 2010
                It's okay, I know that I'm not a good mapper and I won't know how my map will turn out in the end but all I know is I'm gonna keep trying my best and hope my map turns out great =)
                • Like Like x 2
                • Nov 19, 2010
                  Here is some Screen Shots of the map, some of them are incomplete because I'm still trying to figure how the boss looks like and how the inside of the mansion should look like.
                  This is the CTs and Ts spawn area
                  [IMG]
                  The first hold area where players have to push the button and wait till the gate breaks
                  [IMG]
                  The 2nd hold area/Door to the boss building(The Inside is currently under construction, Sorry about that)
                  [IMG]
                  The front part of the mansion
                  [IMG]
                  The side view of the mansion
                  [IMG]
                  The inside of the mansion(Beginning part)
                  [IMG]
                  The boss building and the mansion are still under going construction but I'll try my best to complete it soon =D
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Winner Winner x 1
                  • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
                  • Artistic Artistic x 1
                  • Apr 1, 2012
                    if you want to include items, you can ask @enviolinador for his prefaps or whatever you mappers call it..
                  • Nov 19, 2010
                    U mean special weapons? like a psuhgun/freeze gun o.O
                  • Apr 1, 2012
                    yes, flamethrower, pushgun, landmines, freeze gun, bla bla bla...

imo bosses aren't necessary, if you make the holds challenging and feels rewarding but let's see what others think
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Jan 14, 2013
                      • Like Like x 1