Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_sorrento_escape_v5 question

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Arden, Oct 26, 2012

1. May 6, 2012
    I got accused by xiRaiN- {res, admin, kick, ban, chat, custom(1)} of delaying on ze_sorrento.
    I am sure it wasn't delaying and he told me to bring it to the forum.

I was the only one that made it to the roof, everyone else died and there was about 15s left before boat to leave.

I waited to figure out on what boat to jump hoping all zombie would be on the same boat.
    The human failed at holding the boat at the bottom right before they left.
    It not like they all failed at the first gate and had 40s to wait.

Rain started asking me to suicide and slapped me because he couldn't afford to wait 15s to give me a chance to win by jumping on a boat. I had a nade and p90 ready.

Now the question is... Was I delaying?
    Everyone claim yes, because I had no chance to win.

But as far as I know, no matter how slim the chance are, if I have a chance to win, it not considered delaying till I'm progressing toward the end.

I have no idea why rain lost he's temper, he claim it was delaying and that my argument make no sense because there was zombie on both boat.

So after he asked me twice to bring it to the forum, this is what happened.
    So am I delaying? Rain feel free to say what you saw, if you saw it any differently from what I explained.
  2. Oct 9, 2012
    Yes I did give you a slap because as you were sitting on the roof their was 0 chance of you winning, no one had a clue what you were doing so I reminded you don't delay and gave you a slap. However though you may have thought you had a chance of winning in no way what so ever did my slap affect of your gameplay or your ability to make the jump on the boat. You did what you wanted and was killed anyways.
  3. May 6, 2012
    Sorry for painting you as a dark and evil admin, i got carried away, but that was because you claimed and still claim I was delaying.
    He indeed in no way change the game play, but he maintain that it delaying and I shouldn't be doing that again which I don't believe is delaying and would do over and over until the day zombie manage to fail.

I believe this also affect the map mines of moria which if you have no chance of winning, for example you are the only human left, and you need to be Gandalf, thus you physically can't win, admin claim that it not delaying, till he's progressing, even if you are alone in the white light, make the jump at bottom and make everyone loose about 1 minute entirely and as I said, he need to be Gandalf, thus can't win.

As far as I know, the roof to the boat, is a 2nd way to reach the end.
    If I hadn't jumped, that would be a different story.
  4. Apr 20, 2011
    you know there is update in this map...........
  5. Mar 20, 2012
    stage 3 minas tirith for example....many people build up barricades at the final gates and wait there till the gates open, sometimes with 40 zombies under u it seems u havent a chance at all, but sometimes a few win.

Its not delaying when u still can progress the map, its just a alternative way which requires a little more time. Even if your chance is so low in moria, u may progress alone because your doing the objective, but evrybody knows that u have no possibility to win so most people just jump off.
  6. Aug 18, 2012
    This, and on Sorrento it's maybe possible to lagg zombies out of the boat with the nade. Than you just need pro p90 skillz to make sure no zombie gets you on the other boat.
    I don't see why they got mad anyway. It is fun to see a human begging for mercy, while trying to do the impossible.
  7. Aug 10, 2012
    This map is shit on pf. The only reason he got there first is because of crappy donator jump which is extremely unfair for the other players.
    But as L said, he isn't delaying if he is still following the maps objective
  8. Feb 14, 2012
    This map should be removed. That being said typically if the boats leave you are going to be killed in seconds anyways so there is no point in using admin commands on you. If I catch you camping the spawn you'll be slayed on the spot but the roof shows you at least tried.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
  9. Jul 8, 2012
    Yeah it seems like you at least tried to proceed with the map.
  10. Oct 29, 2010
    It wasn't Arden's fault that he successfully progressed to the roof, and that every single one of his teammates noobed out. That roof is a holding point, and admins should see no difference if there is one human holding the entire point or a legion of hominids doing the same.

He couldn't be delaying, since he in the appropriate spot at this stage of the map, and that he was properly progressing in this map.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Yeah that.
    • May 30, 2012
      This map is actually okay, it gets played and is a classic style of Zombie Escape.
      Delaying is the question, its understandable if some players was standing in the back as the last, it would be delaying, but yeah you was also delaying, but you did no wrong as this is the last hold and your team mates died again not your fault and i have also seen worse delayers that no admins did something to.

Inb4Reply/rate from Never Enough :party:
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Sorrento gets played very often. On my side I think of it as being one of the pioneer maps of ze. It still stands up till today and that shows that it's a very good map. I agree that it could be considered delaying, but I think he simply tried winning without the idea of intentionally delaying. As such I think he shouldn't have been accused.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      @xiRaiN- @Arden

Let me explain what delaying is, since many people do not understand.

Delaying is when a person is camping in a spot with no intention to advance forward. Ex: If a doorway opens and a player is under a pile of zombies and continues to stay there, he is delaying. Now if the door weren't open yet, and it were impossible to advance, he wouldn't be delaying if he was sitting under the pile of zombies.

Now the same thing can be said here. If he's the only one of the roof, and is waiting for the boats to leave, he can stay there all he wants. Technically, the boats are his only option to advance, so he is not delaying. Now, even if the boats were to pass and he were to miss the jump, he'll be dead in 10 seconds or so anyways due to the nuke, so there's no reason to use any admin commands on him.
      • Agree Agree x 4
      • Oct 9, 2012
        I did not know what his intentions were and had not seen anyone jump off the roof to the boats before. It seemed like he was just sitting up there with no intention to advance, I slapped him and reminded not to delay and seconds later he jumped on the boat to be meeted by 10 or so zombies. Delaying? No. Abuse? Don't think so. Topic was posted simply because me and him were not seeing eye to eye and things escalated when they shouldn't have.
      • Jul 20, 2010
        It's not delaying since he's at the last hold points and you can jump onto the boats from the roof. Also admins and donors shouldn't be using the extra jump to take the secret boat early it is considered a form of trolling/griefing. If you use the fast route to get to the secret boat by using the donor or admin jump you need to wait till the first people get to the switch that took the long way since they don't have the extra jump.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Dec 6, 2011
          That exploit wasn't fixed? Last time I was on that map (excluding last night) somebody said the jump spot was patched.
        • May 6, 2012
          You also accused me of delaying after you saw that I made it to the escape boat?
          So i take it you also didn't knew the definition of delaying which allow you to use your admin privilege to push people to proceed?

After the round, you still claimed it was delaying and told me to bring it to the forum... which i did.
          Even not knowing my intention, you should of realized it wasn't delaying after the round was over and it wouldn't of escalated.

Anyway, right now I'm just evilly poking at you.
          I just didn't want to face any higher admin command in the future for a similar scenario.

At least you didn't do like meeko: !spect nedra and say OMG! I wanted to !es sry, sry
          then you can't really blame him >.>

I can't be to mean to you related to delayer, as I want admin to be a bit more severe on people delaying or stacking with no chance to reach the end of the map.
          okay time to find a new spray...
          Post Merged, Oct 26, 2012
          why would that jump spot be an exploit? it doesn't allow you instant win...

do you mean the jump spot from the chair? to the roof, to trigger the boat early? if so, only donator/admin can do that jump.
          I guess that jump could be considerate a bit of an exploit as it block human going that path to reach the boat in time entirely.
          It too fun to watch entire team running there and a few donator do an early trigger... but i guess it could be considerate an exploit.
          A few players learned to go cellar (underground) to be 100% sure to make it on the secret boat as it the fastest way to the end.

Or do you mean the jump from the roof to the boat when boat are leaving? both work...
          I don't think the roof tot he boat is an exploit, but the chair to the roof to trigger the boat early, could potentially be seen as an exploit as it only possible with donator jump.
          Thus not intended jump on the map, from map maker.

But there a lot of spot where only donator jump can reach and normal players can't, would all those spot be illegal spot?
          Is donator jump only to make jumping easier and not allowed to jump on spot that shouldn't be of access to normal players?

I hope it not an exploit, as it would make jumping privilege for donator a bit pointless, I really wanted it to reach spot that are just a bit higher...
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Anything not intended for the map is an exploit. People shouldn't be triggering anything earlier than they should be triggered.

I'm thinking this suits today's topic:
        • Jul 8, 2012
          That about sums it up lol.