Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_space_stationzz - can spawn points be added to revive this map for pF?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by dillinger, Dec 11, 2012

1. Feb 1, 2011

I've heard some interest lately about this classic map. We can't have it on rotation because there are only 34 spawns, unfortunately. My question is: could this map be edited to add the necessary spawn points and then considered for rotation?

I know nothing about mapping, so this is my call to all you awesome pF mappers to let me know if this is possible or not, and if it is - if there would be any interest among you in tackling it!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Jan 11, 2011
      If someone is up to edit a map; adding Spawn Points is probably the easiest possible thing to do. Decompiling & Recompiling is the "hard" part. So I'm guessing any of the pF mappers could do the trick.
      However, and don't quote me here, isn't there are plugin/whatever that allows to have as many players as you want without taking into account the Spawn Points? I think some servers have this, allowing 50 players in a map with 20 spawns.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Feb 11, 2012
        • Feb 1, 2011
          Cool! I'll check this out for sure - do you know why it was trashed on GameBanana though?
        • Mar 20, 2012
          entspy is the programm for edits without compile/decompiling
          • May 15, 2011
            I'm re-making the map cause Brett told me too. But like all my projects, it wont be done for a long time. :C
            • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
            • Nov 29, 2010
            • May 15, 2011
            • Feb 1, 2011
              Well I tried out the OB edit that T_T posted and it seems pretty cool. No idea if it would work or not, and I'm kinda curious about its origins since its just a sendspace link...but maybe it could work until we can replace it with Dirtbag's remake. You guys should let me know what you think on this one - not sure if I should suggest that OB edit on the map suggestion thread or not.
            • Feb 11, 2012
              I guess this version is fine since some servers have it on rotation
              • May 15, 2011
                Oh hey. I just realized this is different from the map I am re-making. I decompiled it though and it has 64+ spawns, so you can add it. the version you linked up top @dillinger
                • Useful Useful x 1
                • Feb 1, 2011
                  Okay, thanks a bunch. I might just ask Retslag what he thinks about it and maybe have a mapper decompile and check it out first.

EDIT: I'm retarded and didn't read the second part of your post, @Dirtbag. So everything looks cool with that map as far as you can tell? If that's the case I'll definitely throw the link on the map suggestion thread.
                  • Like Like x 1
                    dillinger, Dec 12, 2012 Last edited by dillinger, Dec 12, 2012