Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ze_Surf_Facility Final Hold Out Suggestion Request

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Motanum, May 30, 2012

1. Jan 9, 2012

So many people, including me hate the final hold out for surf facility. The thing is , I do not know with what to replace it and I do not have much time available so I come here to ask for your help!

I want you people to make paint sketches, potshop pictures or maybe hammer builds of what you would like to see as a new finale for the map. Try to be original and interesting with your choices and hold outs. I'd like to keep the final run when the doors close slowly ahead of you, i think its pretty epic/tense, so the finale should have a way to merge with the final booster/door used to leave. Anything from the teleport destination can be changed and modified.

We can discuss ideas and stuff to try out here and I can build it quickly and release it in a day or two.

Please do not request bosses. I am not a modeler and it takes a long time to implement properly and I have loads of projects to do at the moment. So I am looking for a nice design that can be done quickly, nicely and that fits properly with the map.

Too make long story short. Tell me what to do as a finale for surf_facility
  2. Feb 12, 2012
    That one walkable area (not the crouch walkway) should have something in the middle of that, either a crouch-jump obstacle or a narrower hallway. That's pretty much the only thing...
  3. Mar 19, 2011
    Off-topic a bit, but I'm going to put this lightly... the second hold point is a complete joke. When you can have like 5 humans survive the hold out then you know things are not balanced properly. As for your final hold it's not a bad hold point it's just zombies spamming jump that make it unfavorable for the humans. Maybe I will think of a plan for your final hold point, still a very solid map as is.
  4. May 14, 2011

#1 - Area CTs have to defend
    #2 - Where zombies are telported to
    #3 - Trigger_teleport up to #2
    #4 - Ending

#1 - Hatch that opens after x amount of time

Pyramid style with layer missing, so 4 sides and pylons i did not draw in to hold up the upper segment

Concept: Cts will have to shoot off Ts as they drop down from all sides, fast paced, lots of action, quite dificult, surf based hold spot.

Tell me what you think!

*EDIT* Im good at ideas, but sometimes they are stupid lol :razz:
  5. Jan 9, 2012
    Do you mean the king of the hill holding area? Thanks for bringing that up. I'll add a trigger to break the platform if a zombie reaches the top of the hill.

The thing is, they will spam jump all the time, so I have to fix it because asking players not to do so, is silly and non practical

@Noodles That would be an easy solution, but overall as a finale, it does not feel very clamatic. I am giving people the chance to shout ideas to improve it completely. If we cannot think of something, I will do that.
  6. Jan 9, 2012
    I don't really get what you mean. Is that a top view or side view? Could you do other perspective views?
  7. May 14, 2011

Random picture but hopefully it explains it.

Pyramid3DSimple

imagine the "tactics" section was missing. Cts would be inside it and zombies would surf down from the top to get to the CTs. If the go under Programs they will be teleported back to the top. (above strategy)

*EDIT* If you still dont understand i can build you a template .vmf
  8. Feb 9, 2012
    i actually like the finale hold point, if you really want to change it then how about adding something to it. I was thinking maybe make sections in the vents, and after 15 seconds, each section of the vent closes. Ill eventually add a paint picture to show it more correctly but ill describe it as best as i can as well.

Make the left vent (non crouch) a little longer and maybe have 4 sections in there. Since it takes 1 minute for the vent to completely shut off, how about after 30 seconds, the first section closes so any zombies outside that vent can no longer get in. then after another 10 seconds, the second section of the vent closes and kills all zombies in that section in a way promoting good defense while still making it epic (since zombies won't be able to be shot further back with the sections closed off)

S1 (section 1) would close off after 30 seconds, then S2 would close off 10 secs after that, and S3 another 10 secs after that and etc.
    the last hold point duration can be extended for this and the time it takes to close these sections off can be adjusted.
    The idea is just to have sections being closed off.

Sorry that my sketch isn't so great, but that's the best i can really do quickly and to the point.
    911Trigger, May 30, 2012 Last edited by 911Trigger, May 30, 2012
  9. Jan 9, 2012
    Oh! I see, like a pyramid. Yeah. That could. Ill give this whole thread untill tomorrow morning, about 18 hours to come up with better ideas/discussions until I choose something and start working on it. So far, yours is winning :razz:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Mar 19, 2011
      No I mean the one before the king-of-thehill, with the unreachable spots.
    • Jan 9, 2012
      I think that if I close one section, zombies can then try to push the crouch area? The only problem I see with them not being able to fall all the way back is that they would be just there being shot and they would die fairly quickly due to all the spam without being able to move out. They would be cornered.

Also, tell me all glitches, bugs exploits, so I can include them on the fix.
    • Jan 21, 2011
      If this were to be the new final hold point, it would have to be a big pyramid to be a balanced ending. A good surfer can get enough speed to hit the platform and bhop at the humans with ease (I know bhopping is against the rules, but if its a single jump at the end of a surf, it will be hard to enforce that). I think that a half pyramid where the CT's have a wall to back up against would be slightly better.
    • Feb 9, 2012
      That's true, but to offset this maybe instead of 15k hp, give them 25k. By the time we reach the end there's usually always at least 20+ zombies so i don't think it'll be a huge problem. the main problem we're facing at the end is zombies being stacked in vents and bullets not penetrating enough for us to actually knock them back constantly. so i don't see zombies really being cornered that badly at all.

The sections being closed off rewards humans that can successfully defend all the while keeping that 1 minute defense time and maintaining the difficulty

I just thought the idea is somewhat unique as most maps have 1 section that'll instantly close off, it will seem cooler that there'll be multiple sections xD. also the crouch vent should be left alone as it isnt too difficult there.
    • May 14, 2011
      Maybe give the surf board user something special? You can push back the zombies once a match. Just send a force field out. No animations needed. Or give the user a func_push while on surf, a kind of boost? Atm its a bit annoying surfing without the chance to look down. (Maybe it already does something I don't know about?)

Also to avoid people giving false commands (trolling). Make the commands appear twice or in admin chat?
    • Apr 12, 2012

Also, the second to last hold (with the 4 platforms) - if you could add a trigger so that all 4 unreachable platforms break when a zombie reaches the top middle platform, it would greatly improve the hold. The 4 players on the unreachable platforms would have incentive to help their teammates, AND we wouldn't have 'wasted rounds' when only 4 people survive to drag out the end of the round with no hope of holding the final hold.
    • May 14, 2011
      I agree 100% maybe the a 32-64 units high wall a little bit inside the section of the pyramid? To stop bhopping. Like a fence type thing? Also @Motanum Maybe a system that stops bhopping, so a teleport that filter a name and when you enter the pyramid you get set the name for a millisecond. Similar to multi-hop. So its a kinda of speed limiter, a lot of testing (with players going in at certain speeds) would have to be done for this but if successful would work a treat.
    • Jan 21, 2011
      Would putting water where they land stop momentum for bhopping?
    • May 14, 2011
      no, unless it was deep water which would ruin the idea.
    • Jan 21, 2011
      Oh. That doesn't make much sense to me, but not a lot does make sense in CSS.
    • May 14, 2011
      It is very hard to make players lose momentum in css.

I think an over-hanging top section of the pyramid would be a simple solution