Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_survival (WIP)

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by JorisCeoen, Nov 21, 2014

1. Apr 9, 2012
    So I'm back from the dead, at least considering PF. With the 'recent' changes and the somewhat brighter future for ze on CS:GO I'm thinking about making a new first ze map with a system that has been on my mind for a long time.

Basically what I want to achieve is making a map that somewhat allows for an open-world environment (not like you know which map ofc) where 6 (maybe 10, depends) humans will be able to choose locations to scavenge from and collect materials to reinforce a base/hideout. They leave from there teleporting to various locations of their choice and can then scavenge there.

Zombies will be there but with low health and insta-respawn on death (back from the spawn though). Humans will have to cooperate together and preferably forms teams to make sure survival is possible. The more they stay together, the safer but the slower and the lesser amounts of stuff to reinforce the basement and or improve things like armour and health. For instance they can go all 6 together to one place, or divide in 3-3 or 2-2-2 or perhaps 1-1-1-1-1-1.

The cycle will run in days where they will have limited time and HAVE to make it back to the basement before it becomes night or that human will not be able to bring the scavenged items and/or die.

That'll be it pretty much, drops will be partially RNG and the more you get the higher chance you will to survive at the very last day where the final battle will take place (with still 6 humans).

If someone has remarks or other ideas, feel free to mention. Please keep it realistic and don't add like a thousand extra items or anything, Source can't handle it. For more stuff I'll probably wait out Source 2.

---------------

PS: ze_SSBB is completely abandoned just in case as I still have had people who actually asked me about it. Also, it apparantly got untrashed on Gamebanana so if you want to grab a copy of a completely broken version of it, feel free to do so. If someone is interested in taking over the map its development, feel free to contact me (but I assure you, you don't want that).
  2. Mar 30, 2013
    All nintendo content is allowed on Gamebanana now ^^

Many maps could get untrashed now.
  3. May 31, 2012
    This sounds like an odd mix between classic Z:H and basebuilding. Kinda feels more like a zm map that forces you to leave your barricade at times than ZE (and that''s good to me, ZM+ZE is far more chill and enjoyable). Perhaps you should think about a more concrete goal to it when it comes leaving (for example, starting out in a city area and cading/defending the stores and areas you can access, then rushing out into the/a bunker(s) as a nuke is launched, then leaving and reaching the rescue vehicles at several rescue spots and finally removing the remaining zombies).

The more changing the environment, the better. After I did zm_autovile as a test I started building a map that had some similarities with what you described and basically built a city on the first round with a few premade buildings on a grid and generated randomized escape and spawn paths each round; perhaps you could do something similar (but simpler, it was a pain in the butty butt to work with that) to avoid repetition/boringness. You could randomize the defendable buildings/areas, for example, while also generating random detail areas just for aesthetics and keep the objectives static (but having a few of them randomized).
    • Like Like x 1
    • Crane
      This message by Crane has been removed from public view. Deleted by Secprotocol, Nov 21, 2014.
      Nov 21, 2014