Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_TARDIS (WIP)

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Doctor, Mar 9, 2013

1. Jul 23, 2012
    I've been talking about it on the ZE server, and now I'm finally working on it.
    For the fans of the Doctor Who show, I present to you a Doctor Who based ZE map!
    This will be the first map I've designed/worked on, so bare with me if things come to a horrible start when I submit the first version.

So far, I feel as if starting off with 3 stages in the first version should be a decent start.
    Some pictures to show off the goods:
    The TARDIS in all its glory:
    [IMG]

Ten's/David Tennant's TARDIS Interior w/ The Tenth Doctor (which I plan to make a player item)
    [IMG]

The David Tennant model needs some work, so I'll have to fire up 3dsmax to fix a few things I feel are off on the model.

Eleven/Matt Smith's TARDIS interior w/ The Eleventh Doctor (also a player item)
    [IMG]

The interior's of the TARDIS' need some work on re-texturing to make them look better, so that will also take some time, at the moment I'm more focused on the map/stage layouts.
    Some may be wondering if this map will have bosses/items, they will, but all I can reveal about them without spoiling everything is that the most famous villains from the show will be included. Want a hint? I'll give you one. Don't blink. (That should be enough for any DW fan)

I won't have any "extreme" modes or anything as I feel those are overdone, but the map will focus more on following the lore of Doctor Who.
    For the moment, I only plan to have 3 stages when I release v1 of the map, but if the map is done properly, and players seem to like it, I'll add 2 extra stages (seeing as I already have models for bosses for 2 extra stages anyway).

For the moment, I have no set ETA on the map, but I'll keep updating and letting anyone who's interested know on where I'm at with the map. I'd LOVE to have the map done somewhere around December, just in time for the Christmas special, but I've heard that making big maps takes months to properly make so I can't say for certain that I'll have it by then.
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Apr 12, 2012
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jan 14, 2013

say

nominate ze_TARDIS

lets play!!!!!!
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jun 11, 2012
          I am not a Dr Who fan just for the base of I never even watch them (or bother too). But your map looked awesome when I saw the early screenshots and now that you mentioned lore, I am more excited than I was before. I am a huge sucker for immersion.

Keep up the great work.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Nov 11, 2011
            • Like Like x 1
            • Mar 26, 2012
              I've watched the show a little bit, and this actually looks very similar. Good job! I look forward to playing it, Doctor. :wink:
              • Like Like x 1
              • Apr 1, 2012
                hnnggg... these stupid new coming mappers are just adding the pressure for me to go back to Hammer SDK...

hnggggg......
                • Like Like x 1
                • Jun 3, 2012
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • May 27, 2008

You could take us through the interior of the TARDIS, or make a map of Barcelona! This is such an incredible idea and have the utmost respect for you. I wish you the best of luck in creating this for Whovians and ZE players alike, and personally cannot wait to see the first version!
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                      Peter, Mar 9, 2013 Last edited by Peter, Mar 9, 2013
                    • Jul 23, 2012
                      The plan is to have a large part of the interior of the TARDIS explorable/used in the map to defend.
                      If it comes to it, I'll probably add a 6th stage as a ZM round where everyone can just explore the TARDIS interior.
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                      • Jan 11, 2011
                        This map is unclean! EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MINT-ATE!
                        • Funny Funny x 2
                        • Zing! Zing! x 1
                        • Feb 1, 2011
                          Sick! Your texturing/modeling looks really nice - impressive! My only issue, though...is...why isn't it blue?!? I don't even watch the show and I know that thing is supposed to be blue.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to inform you all that there used to be a randomly spawning TARDIS in Asheron's Call as an easter egg - I know how much you guys love hearing about AC!!!!111 They took it out though :frown:

[IMG]
                          • Like Like x 2
                          • Feb 11, 2012
                            Damn Doctor, all this time not playin ze with me has paid off :razz: Keep up the good shit bro!
                            • Like Like x 1
                            • Jul 23, 2012
                              It's the lighting, I was testing out the lighting entities and it made the skybox look like the sun had set. The TARDIS model is actually blue.
                              • Like Like x 1
                              • Mar 26, 2012
                                This is time you could've used leading us in Predator. :grin:
                                • Artistic Artistic x 1