Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_timeline_rdx_v1

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by FlandersNed, Jan 29, 2012

1. Jan 29, 2012
    http://www.gamebanana.com/csszm/maps/163255
    This is my first map/fix and add/thing.
    I have tested it, but not with a lot of people.
    Its short, has music, and will actually require teamwork!
  2. Jan 29, 2012
    If you are going to upload this, please download the current version of the map. It's a lot smaller in file size than the original.
  3. May 15, 2011
    If you would like your map tested/added to the server, please post to the Map suggestion thread.

Thank you. ^^
  4. Jan 29, 2012
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I already posted on there, but i thought i had to post here as well.
  5. Mar 25, 2011
    I don't map anymore, but I have to ask you (since this has been bothering me ever since I made the map) How in the hell did you get lighting in that teleport area? Man, that was frustrating.

But I'm glad to see this map cleaned up. Thanks for taking the time to improve it!
  6. Dec 3, 2011

- 1: Did u fix the bugspot in the displacements @ the castle?
    - 2: Did u put a noclip brush on that walls so we only need to defend the boxxes and not the hole long wall (http://www.gamebanan...163255?screen=2 that wall mean)
    - 3: Did u "fix" the long way distance so its not only running/failing?

Like to see the new version so we can give more recommendings on it, i know, my english sux, blame me
  7. Jan 29, 2012
    1. I'm not entirelly sure where that hole is. Could you give me a better explanation?
    2. Yes, i fixed the wall. You only have to defend the boxes now.
    3. I added another hold point, near the hill up to the castle. I also put some boxes on the bridge so you have to go around.
    There are also combine walls in the long areas, to make it not as wide.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jan 29, 2012
      It's alright, man. I just wanted to give mapping a shot, and I made something better than I thought. You made a good map and I probably would have got nowhere without that map.
      The teleport area was dark because it had a large black box around it in the 3d skybox. Deleting that area from the skybox fixed the lighting, but also removed the 3d skybox around it.
    • Dec 3, 2011
      Nice! Well what i mean with question one is the following: When you have defend that wall with the boxxes, then u run forward to the castle, there are some displacements on your right side that arent sealed yet.
      Here is a screenshot, u will see my red paint skills to show you: [IMG]
      Oh yes, now i took the screenshot i just noticed , the big door is way to loud :razz: Can u lower that sound please, it almost breaks my speakers :shutmouth:
    • Jan 29, 2012
      Ah, I see. That part is in the 3d skybox- I'll fix it soon.
      I'll also fix the door as well
      I'll post again when its done.
    • Jan 29, 2012
      The map is fixed now. The displacement gaps are gone, and the door is not as loud. I also added some invisible blocks so people can't get behind the walls, and tried to add sparks to the teleporters.
      I'll try to upload the map as soon as i can.
    • Jan 29, 2012
      I've got to admit, it looks like a promising map, can't wait play it - if it gets added (which it will I hope)
    • Jan 29, 2012
      Thanks! Stuff like that is always good to hear.