Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ze_titanic removal

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Fornax, Aug 4, 2012

1. Jun 18, 2012
    Why to remove this map is simple: everyone which spawns in the last room gets turned into a zombie cause he doesn't have enough time to get through either the hatch in the second to last room (cause it's immediately pressed and closes) or to the front cause there always seem to spawn some zombies in the front aswell.

Maybe this can be fixed with a little change, and I know not a lot of people complain about it, but every time I play this map it happens to me several times, and I'm a bit fed up with it. (YES I KNOW IT'S A CLASSIC!)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Feb 18, 2011
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 18, 2012
        You're on the server right now, over 20 people get infected before even being able to move out of spawn. Moving faster doesn't help if you get spawned all the way in the back you're fucked either way you want to go.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Feb 18, 2011
          It's kind of the point of the map. We won with 10 people easy, because the map is designed for players to do one thing, shoot zombies. Nothing like the new maps where you need to do multiple things at once. We are about to win right now with only 14 people too.
        • Feb 11, 2012
          i would have to agree with fornax, even if cts in the back didnt buy weapons a zombie spawning in front will kill ppl in the back anyways, but im not sure if i agree about removing it from the server, maybe if someone could change the spawn time or something or maybe if the creator is nice enough to make a button or something after u come up from the second way, it closes after 3 or 4 seconds or something like that
        • Feb 18, 2011
          You can make it past spawn easy, people just take way too long buying guns.
        • Jun 18, 2012
          I think someone during that round said he shot the boxes perfectly or something like that and got all zombies stuck (at least you said they were all stuck). However, does this mean that you play with a lot on to get infected or not (and most of the time you will be) and then you just chase 10 guys. Isn't the point of zombie escape to stay alive as long as you can instead of being picked by the map to die at spawn. 10 guys might win but the fun is gone for 30 others.
        • Feb 18, 2011
          Valid point but the reason they all die is because of 1. Taking way too long to buy guns and 2. People griefing which I am trying to handle right now.
        • Jun 18, 2012
          Yea I think an easy fix like making the zombie timer last longer could do the trick.

I won'y say I'm the best, but I'm certainly one of the better/quicker, and even with auto-buy and switching to knife right away, there are plenty of times i still dont make it.
        • Feb 18, 2011
          I'm only saying it because I have made it every time with the exception of once.
        • Jun 18, 2012
          Weither you made it or not +- 20-25 people didn't every single round.
        • Dec 6, 2011
          tl:dr other replies, but this is sort of the main point of the map, for more zombies to be 'created'. It also mirrors the real Titanic, how others were left to drown behind the flood doors that were closed. I think it's perfectly fine, it's the same as being the "random" zombie selector.
        • Jul 14, 2010

This doesn't seem like a bug or game breaking feature to me. I say keep it!
        • Jun 18, 2012
          If the map is supposed to work like this, and you guys think it works fine as it is. Then I wont complain about it, I'll just be as smart not to play when this map is on then. I just thought it was pretty shitty to get turned into a zombie multiple rounds in a row, since normally it's about skill (and luck) and not your spawn point, and because I don't enjoy being a zombie at all.

I suppose this can be closed/deleted or whatever there happens when something is ''solved'' then, just wanted to give it some attention.
        • Feb 11, 2012
          im with fornax if ppl like it the way it is then so be it i dont have a problem and i also agree with brett in a way because ya majority of the ppl died in the real titanic so it is possible that the map is purposely like that
        • Aug 5, 2010
          I can make it from the back and the map is a classic.
        • Jun 18, 2012
          I indeed see sense into following the story line, but I figured everyone complaining meant something had to be done about it (or at least make sure its discussed).

I don't think it's even possible to ALWAYS make it though, I haven't timed it but if you're in the last 1 (or 2) lines I think it really is impossible. It also depends if there are people in front of you who are a little bit slower, but deceide to take the hatch and lock you out.

If people wouldn't close the hatch right away, arround 10 more people would probably survive, troll hatch maybe which should be considered griefing? (I suppose it is already, closing a door on teammates which get infected cause of that, it's almost impossible to figure out who presses it though since a lot of people get up at the same time.)
        • Dec 6, 2011
          People bitch and whine when they're a random zombie, so what's the difference? =P The map is supposed to be a challenge, not a cake walk. I say we keep it, although I do see your point @Fornax .
        • Jun 18, 2012
          The difference is that if you're unlucky you're a zombie almost every single round (like today I spawned in the last room every single time, so I had less chance of surviving), and zombiemod doesn't allow you to be a zombie two times in a row. That's probably the only difference. :wink: But thanks for your time.
        • Feb 11, 2012
          lol there's only so fast u can move, u start under water :razz:
          • Like Like x 1