Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_toaster (W.I.P)

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Luffaren, Aug 13, 2012

1. Feb 24, 2011
    Thought i could make a thread about this while i'm on it.
    Since there's been a whole lot of requests on ZM / ZE maps for CS:GO i decided to join in, considering all the things pF has given me this is the least i could do.

So, about the map
    It is exactly what the name says, a toaster! And a grand one at that, at around "5500 x 3500" units. There wont be much more than that, other than a skybox of a kitchen. (will probably be a somewhat decent replica of my kitchen at home)
    The concept was suggested by @Peter himself in mumble and don't ask me how that came up, because i don't remember myself. Anyhow, thank you for deeply inspiring me Peter!

Since CS:GO hasn't really gotten any fixes within different things, such as modeling and particles i'll be somewhat handicapped within my mapping, so there wont be any custom/animated models or awesome particles flying around. It'll be a map of more simpler looks. But that doesn't mean that i'm not going to try!

Here's a few pictures for you to engulf yourself within before moving on:

toaster1

toaster2

toaster3

As you can see i haven't created that much yet. I'm mostly setting up the basics and deciding where the main holds and paths will be, as for planning out different events and things i want to include in the map.

I'll just sum up the things i'm planning to add in the map right here:

* Dynamic/randomized paths/holds
    * A bossfight, not quite sure what it'll be yet, it's probably gonna end up with some bread-related thing
    * A few different missions, depending on what you do in the map. I might just randomize it
    * items? depends on if they work properly or not, i've heard that the guns disappear.
    * A badass ending! With falling metal pieces and explosions everywhere, with epic music and whatnot. As the toaster is about to "explode", A.k.A, toast toast! (Don't expect too much, i can't make most of my desired effects) :frown:

Have a good one, i'm off finishing this.
    • Mapping King x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Wizard! x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Artistic x 1
    • Jun 2, 2012
    • Jul 28, 2011
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 18, 2012
        Does this mean well be popping out of the toaster and fly on top of a plate like always happens to me? o:
      • Oct 17, 2011
      • May 31, 2012

I have my own absurdness in the making.
      • Apr 9, 2012
      • Jul 1, 2010
        LOL, this is freaking awesome Luff! Can't wait!
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Feb 24, 2011
          I'm most likely going to put in a few different endings, with this being one of them.
          Expect the unexpected (If everything goes as planned, i don't fully trust CS:GO as it is)
        • Jun 4, 2006
          Thought this was an odd idea coming from Luff, but then realized it was @Peter and it made sense. Love the idea & progress thus far. You never cease to impress the shit out of me.
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Oct 17, 2011
            Put peanut butter jelly time song with the banana dancing when you fly out. That'd be cool.
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Jan 24, 2012
            • May 27, 2008

Oh man, I can't tell you how many years I've waited patiently to see my map come around. I'm so glad all that waiting has finally come down to this moment! I feel like I could cry. Luff, you're the man, and I will never forget all the effort you put into making dreams and ideas a reality. Thank you so much for making me such a happy person.
              • Winner Winner x 2
              • Like Like x 1
              • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Aug 1, 2011
              • Jun 3, 2012
              • Jan 12, 2011
                I believe the boss should be Powdered Toast Man. Here's something to help you out:

I'd be very pleased if you could include the toast scraping as one of his attacks. :grin:
                Edit: Also, as per the show, he should fly backwards into the boss arena.
                Edit 2: Changed the video to a longer one with more stupid shit awesome attacks. Things like projectile raisin breath and hyper-corrosive croutons! [IMG]
                Vadleon, Aug 13, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Aug 14, 2012
              • Jul 16, 2012
                no. your all going to hit the counter next to the plate and die from fall damage :pissedoff: and for those admin/donators that think they are safe....the human is then going to smack you with a fly swatter. muahahahahaha
              • Mar 12, 2008
                You don't make cupcakes in a toaster you retard
                • Zing! Zing! x 3
                • May 30, 2012
                  I am so happy to see all these mappers are going for CS:GO!
                  ~ I am also on CS:GO SDK trying to complete my first ZM map which should be easy :vampire:
                • Jan 28, 2012
                  How much toasty toast could a toasted toasty toast toaster toast if a toasted toasty toast toaster could toast toasty toast while toasted?