Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_UT2004_Convoy_v1_2 concern

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Drearystate, Aug 10, 2013

1. May 12, 2007
    It may not be a big deal but today when Subdelt@ the map creator of ze_UT2004_Convoy_v1_2 joined the server on his map he recieved a gravity adjustment as well as a special skin. In the console it actually lists that this happens to him and only him. My concern is that whatever adjustments he has made that only allows his steam ID these changes may provide him with a unfair advantage. Here are some images.

Attached Files:

2. Jun 11, 2012
    Has no major effect. If you watch him jump he doesn't gain anything.
  3. May 12, 2007
    if you look at the second screenshot he is at the top of the map in spawn.
  4. Jun 11, 2012
    It only affects him at spawn for about 1 sec in order to get his skin (he unsets the gravity after that amount of time). He has no ability to control it after that.
  5. Jan 21, 2011
    I believe paranoid has something similar for Hannibal. I don't see an issue with this.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • May 12, 2007
      ok, i was just making sure, kujoen tried to tell me that he even has an ability with the skin to teleport, I have not seen that yet, I was just making sure.
    • Feb 11, 2012
      Yea as Seeker said its the same for Hannibal in Paranoid.
      It's so Subdelt@ can get the skin on top. I think its just a skin pretty sure you don't need it to win either.
    • May 12, 2007
      Yeah, I dont think you do, I just wanted to make sure, it seemed odd to me, but I have never played with Hannibal on Paranoid so I learned something, thanks guys.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      Yeah this same subject came up with Hannibal and Paranoid as other's have touched on, and it was decided that it was fine so long as it was for cosmetic items such as a skin, or anything that didn't give him an advantage over other players. We were concerned with it being a bit of a slippery slope and things can start to get iffy when sm commands or similar are being set on the mapper, however thus far the only examples I've seen are mappers setting their own gravity at spawn time in order to retrieve a cosmetic item.
    • May 12, 2007
      Its a pretty cool idea, i have no issues with it as long as it is just for skins and no unfair advantage is gained.
    • Mar 30, 2013
      I think he can have the Ceph skin from Crysis. (I saw him request it on Mapeadores for his map)
    • Apr 9, 2012
      It's only for his skin, he already told me how it works, it's purely cosmetic, and doesn't provide the slightest over any other players.
    • Feb 12, 2012
      I'm sorry I've got you worried. But yes. Like people said, I'm getting low gravity to reach ceiling and get that skin. If you look at console messages, you'll see that it sets my gravity twice: first to 0.1 (low gravity), and then, 2.9 seconds later, back to 1 (normal value). I could use teleportation instead of gravity. Like, teleporting me to some separate room that gives me skin and then immediately back to spawn. But I think people would get even more worried about that.
      I don't like it neither. But, as far as I know, there's no way to give that skin directly through SteamID without touching/activating anything.
    • Aug 12, 2012
      what about the rocket launcher I heard only you know how to get?
    • Jun 18, 2012
      If it's so secret, how about you search around the map and try to find a way to obtain it yourself. There's plenty of maps both old and new with secret ways/ items. Examples are christmas infection or that old school snow map, where people say there's a pirate ship hidden somewhere (and besaides that there's the melon/orange/skybox ''secret'').
    • Feb 12, 2012
      There're 4 special weapons in Convoy. One is Berserk Combo and it's always available. It works like ammo boxes on most maps and is single use item.
      Other 3 weapons are Lighting Gun, Flak Cannon and Rocket Launcher:
      - Lighting Gun works like Predator's gauss rifle and has 150 seconds recharge time;
      - Flak Cannon works like Predator's push gun, but it has very short range of fire, so use it careful. It has 4 secs recharge time;
      - Rocket Launcher launches rockets that explode when touching a wall or zombie and sets nearby zombies on fire for 2 seconds. It has 6 secs recharge time. It's supposed to have unlimited uses and works fine in solo game, but for some reason, when we play the map on the server, it stops working after 4-6th rocket.
      They are not available on the NOVICE difficulty. They start spawning on higher difficulties: 1 random weapon on EXPERIENCED, 2 random weapons on MASTERFUL and all 3 weapons (randomly placed) on GODLIKE.

On EXPERIENCED difficulty, random weapon spawns inside the Forward Weapon Cache (watch the screenshot below).

First, you must open it. To do it, stay near the circuit hatch (1) for about 12 seconds. After that the doors (2) will open, the console will say "THE FORWARD WEAPON CACHE HAS BEEN STOLEN" and the weapon will be inside.
      Note: there's also a buy zone inside it, so, if needed, you can rebuy weapons there.

On MASTERFUL and GODLIKE difficulties, weapons spawn behind the doors in the rear part of the Repair Vessel (watch the screenshot below).

These doors open when you open the rear door of the Repair Vessel (when elevator gets up). On MASTERFUL difficulty random weapon spawns behind the 1st door, on GODLIKE - behind both doors 1 and 2.

I hope this will make things clear for most people.
      • Informative Informative x 4
      • Useful Useful x 2
      • Feb 11, 2012
        Yes lol this helps me out quite a bit. Thx Sub
        I had no idea how to get these weapons and such even the cooldown times.
        Now I know and knowing is half the battle. :grin:
      • May 12, 2007
        GiJoe!!!! or me, yeah GiMe!!!! (my name is Joe) *lame* but dammit i said it first