Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_warcraft_story

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Kloud, Apr 14, 2014

1. Apr 3, 2013
    If the title isn't obvious, the map is about Warcraft. It's gonna be about the human campaign in Warcraft III: The Reign of Chaos, in a fast version.

Stages - I'm only planning four stages at the moment, but I might add in a heroic mode difficulty for the last stage if that stage gets too easy

Items - I will try to limit items as much as I can, because I do not like when maps have too many items, as it brings down the difficulty a considerable amount. But right now, I'm planning four items, healing staff, support items (such as ammo barrel) and two legendary items. I might add in zombie skins/characters/items, depends on if I can manage to get ideas for them.

Release - I cannot really put a release date for this, but I will try to release a public beta (b1) version before 2014 is over. However, I'm 2slow4u so expect a 2017 release.

Screenshots - Here's the portal at spawn. I just quickly took some stone textures so they look horrendous. Spawn will most likely be changed later on.

I also took the liberty of answering questions you guys might have
    Will there be lasers to jump?
    No
    Will this map also reach HL3 status?
    Maybe

I only have the spawn area done so far, will dump more screenies of the stages once I have finished the structure of them.
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • Aug 7, 2012
      Cool, looking forward to more screenshots!
    • May 31, 2012
      Ruin it and yer dead as fuck, mate.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Nov 3, 2013
        exciting, can't wait to see this map come along
      • Aug 12, 2012
        Warcraft huh, and remember this is plaguefest don't make it too hard haha
      • Feb 27, 2012
        We've almost beat convoy a handful of times, so i think we're pretty badass :arrogant:

Sounds interesting Kloud. I'll be waiting those 3 years for the release.
      • Apr 1, 2012
        why the human campaign? damnit, my badass Illidan plz!
      • Apr 3, 2013
      • Feb 8, 2013
        Holy Shit. Warcraft 3 map my prays have been answered, the human campaign now that i think about it would have some pretty interesting chapters for zombie stages. I'll be looking forward to seeing how this map turns out along with screenshots.

Hope you use some of the original soundtrack and don't fill it with 2 steps from hell songs. :silly:
        Your Damn Straight
        ninja-nsp-art-1158050
      • Apr 3, 2013
        Don't expect anything good out of this map, though. Just a bad clone of Skyrim/Minas
      • Feb 8, 2013
        :panda: well sad panda time but if it is something like Skyrim or Minas and I still see some reference to Warcraft Hell I'll vote for it.
        Still rooting for you and still can't wait to see what you make.
      • Nov 17, 2012
        only 299 fps? clouid u need to optimize betta
      • Feb 3, 2012