Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_xcape_neixcity

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Neix Athomix, Oct 24, 2011

1. Jun 21, 2011
    Since i cancelled my other project, i started on this one, i think it's going to be the sh*t !!

[IMG]

Im working so hard on this project, all tips/recomendations are welcome !

PD: if someone knows how do i put a Vending Machine (the one that its shootable to make barricades) i'll be very happy !

Thanks !

edit: i would like to explain what is on the image, because you can't get it all.
    players spawns in the rooftop of a building and they have to get down by the balconies, then you get to the garden where it's a hold area (like about 45 secs) to go to another garden and they enter to a building then the map goes indoor style.
    Map time its night and indoors are low on light

Do you like the map being low light ?
  2. Feb 18, 2011
    A lot of ZE maps in progress? I like that :grin:. Good luck bro.
  3. Mar 26, 2011
    Sorry to dissapoint you but just this one now, i cancelled the other one. :grin:
  5. Mar 25, 2011
    Anything stopping them from just hopping down the balconies to the bottom?

Also, you should probably scan your computer for viruses, you haven't done so for a week.
  6. Jun 21, 2011
    Viruses are afraid of me bro.

Yea, its all limited by "nodraw" blocks and you only use the last floor of the balconies, then you reach a ladder to the bottom, and then you make a run for it to the hold area.
    Do you like that the map its night placed ?

About the vending machine ? Someone ?

Thanks to all !
  7. Jul 28, 2011
    For vending machines or any other barricade item just make it a prop_physics or prop_physics_multiplayer. Someone correct me if im wrong, but I think the server has some settings that will change the physics of how these will move, so when you are testing the map on your own without zombie mod enabled the physics will be different than how they are on the actual server

EDIT: Also i think using the clip texture instead of the nodraw would be better? It might not even make a difference though, both will get the job done.
  8. May 15, 2011

You will not be able to walk on top of a prop_physics_multiplayer. They become non-solid objects from the top down or something stupid but all that matters is they are fucking annoying.

Use prop_physics_override, that works the best and that's what I use all the time.

I don't encourage the use of prop_physics_multiplayer unless you have to have like, 20 props in one hint area.

Otherwise, always go for prop_physics_override.
  9. Jul 4, 2011
  10. Nov 28, 2010
    Remember to do alot of nodraw and make thinks func_detail that arnt important. aka blocks/pillars/faraway builings so on, stuff that dont really need detail.
    also dont aim for the simple building escape, make it intresting like the building is collapsing on fire..

idea: while running down a corridor make some players fall down a floor making the team split up, would make it interesting and not the same experince each time and maby some alt paths like if you fall u go diffrent way. bit like on L4D2 some go out windows some go down corridor.
  11. Apr 29, 2011

I sense so much derp occurring on this map if it goes on pF. Not from the map itself, but the players.