Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zelda - Forest Temple

Discussion in Completed Maps started by null, Sep 2, 2014

1. Jul 4, 2011
    A modified replica of the Forest Temple in Zelda: Ocarina of Time, made from scratch for zombie mod with original textures/models.

• Sizeable - Areas open and close depending on how many players there are.
    • Items - Items that you can use as a humans against the zombies and vice versa.
    • Zelda
    Post opinions/suggestions in this thread for possible upcoming updates.

UPDATE - V2

Fixed the 10K hp zombie pot bug.
    Each door now displays how many players are needed for it to open.
    The Mask of Truth item can be used instantly.
    Reduced the amount of particles on the hover boots.
    Added a bunch of new hiding & cading spots.
    Added a room where admins can override the map size and give items to players.

Download

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Mapping King x 15
    • Like x 6
    • Winner x 1
    • Wizard! x 1
    • Artistic x 1
      null, Sep 2, 2014 Last edited by null, Nov 17, 2014
    • Dec 27, 2012
      Looks so awesome! A work very well done, thanks null!
    • Jun 11, 2012
      Oh wow it does look great. I thought this map theme was going to be for ZE? Regardless, awesome werk.
    • Apr 28, 2013
      Tony's back...but how? I thought you were working on your oot ze map.
    • Feb 13, 2014
      I agree, looks fun! Can't wait to try it out
    • May 31, 2012
      It was awesome. Overall a very good map and made it among my favorites to play.

edit:
      @null

This was the 10,000 HP problem I saw. Sorry, I got the 5,000 one afterwards but you can see what I meant in the video below.

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJtJzVJITv4&feature=youtu.be

Not sure if you meant this to happen: When I get another item, it removes/deletes my old item. So I got the triforce piece first but it disappears when I get that glowy speed/low-grav boost; also, the speed and low-grav were preserved when I became a zombie.

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-GCFAvDY6A&feature=youtu.be

The count down I asked about earlier was actually an item, and I did not realize it. It was for the blurry effect item for zombies, and it lasts for 4 seconds or something like that.

Additional suggestions:
      • I think it would be nice to put a number on the door or have the message say the number of players needed to open the door. Kind of sets a goal and might motivate people to invite others into the server.
      • Zombies can open chests but humans cannot break the jars. I think zombies should not be able to open the chests. I'm thinking if a zombie opens the chest, the human can't get the item anymore? I'm not certain, but it seems like it.
      Joshy, Sep 2, 2014 Last edited by Joshy, Sep 2, 2014
    • Jul 9, 2013
      ^ Agreed Joshy I enjoyed being able to play and test it out for a bit it has some neat surprises when it comes to items.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Oct 24, 2013
      • May 31, 2012
        Dude, Mask of Truth is my favorite. Makes the CT look like a zombie!

A fun demo of it; however, this also brings another question to @null. Did you mean to make the item not ready for a long time? I wasn't able to use it right away like the other items.

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdfyD5473tU&feature=youtu.be
        Joshy, Sep 2, 2014 Last edited by Joshy, Sep 2, 2014
      • Feb 25, 2014
        Tested it a bit but looks awesome and is something different then the usual thing, I love it good job.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Feb 21, 2007
          I don't know if you're expecting it to be or not, but its not currently in rotation.
        • Sep 25, 2010
          We tested it earlier, haven't gotten around to putting it on rotation till now!
        • Jul 23, 2012
          lol did you just port a bunch of things from the L4D map? or did you make this from scratch
        • Feb 21, 2007
          hope you post it in map suggestion thread too :blahblahblah:
          • Zing! Zing! x 1
          • Apr 9, 2012
            Holy cow, null I thought you retired from ZE/ZM forgood! Good to see you back :smile: The map looks lovely, I sure will try it out sometime after vacation (because I got way too much work right now :-/)
          • Feb 27, 2012
            Glad to see it's finally done! Someone grant this man his Mapper tag! :razz:
            • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Sep 30, 2013
            • Apr 28, 2013
              I would have said "not until he finishes ze_ocarina_of_time" but this map is good enough for the work put into it. He also did a good job of at least putting the bsp not a large size (about 37mb for a bunch of content). And Doctor, he probably made it from scratch as he ripped textures from the original game to make use for hammer. I forgot to mention that the map does have special items as well but you get them from chests (press e on a chest and you will get a special item).
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Oct 29, 2010
                Just played it again on ZM a bit ago, it seemed to be much better received this time, we almost got an extend.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Jul 4, 2011

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. One zero was indeed left out by mistake in the 10k health pots and will be corrected in the next version (which will be made if there are enough suggestions as it's not really practical to release a new one to correct this).

You're only meant to have one item at a time. The item triggers are attached to one of the weapons you get (either a knife or deagle). Opening a chest first strips you, meaning that you lose the previous item unless you first throw it away. It's also not possible to detect infection with triggers unless you want to use messy physboxes (as far as I know), so I can't reduce speed/gravity upon infection. It does go away though once you become a zombie due to a bug in the source engine when you climb a ladder (it doesn't when you're a human).

To display the amount of players on locked doors sounds good although there is a sign at the entrance.

Zombies can open chests but won't receive any loot indeed. The original idea was to have it open for humans only. It's purely technical, I wasn't sure how to make it work that way. There is 35 seconds before the zombies spawn, plenty of time to loot all chests anyway.

Some items have a delay of ~30 seconds before they can be used in order to prevent teamkilling (as you are actually considered a zombie, trigger wise, before they spawn). I guess however the delay on this particular item can be removed as it poses no threat.

Scratch. Ripped models/textures, rest is brushwork done with references.
                  • Like Like x 1