Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zelda OoT Zombie Escape

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by null, Jan 26, 2013

1. Jul 4, 2011
    That's right, Zelda is comming to CS:S ZE. If you don't know what Zelda is, shame on you, go play the game(s).

I started working on this map about a year and a half ago with a friend of mine, Redeye. We both got sick of mapping at one point and decided to stop mapping for a while. A few months ago I started mapping again by myself and have been basically every day now, little by little. I remade everything from scratch because I didn't like what we did back then.

The map is based off of Ocarina of Time for N64. Music, models, textures and layout is taken directly from the game using various ripping methods and references, many thanks to Redeye for teaching me all of it, I wouldn't be making this map if it wasn't for him. If you've played the game you'll probably feel rather nostalgic when playing the map as It's almost a step into the actuall game, with a few twists and modifications to fit the ZE mod. You'll be playing through all child dungeons, meet Zelda in Hyrule castle, ascend & escape Ganondorfs tower, and have an epic battle with Ganon. 4 stages. Human and zombie items. Bosses. Secrets.

So far I've mapped all areas and started doing some detailing & addings lights. It may sound like the map is done, but there's still all the work of getting all models, triggers and whatnot to work properly, and I'm not exactly mapping 24/7. I map whenever I feel like it, so I can't really give an estimate on when we'll be testing the map, most likely before summer though. I'll be posting progress I make in this thread.

Here are some highly requested screenshots of my progress so far, keep in mind that it's still very early progress, anything you see may look completely different in the final version. As said earlier, I'm using original N64 textures to get that N64 feeling, the really horrible ones have or will be replaced with higher resolution however.

• Like x 17
    • Mapping King x 8
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Zing! x 1
    • Wizard! x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Sep 8, 2012
      Wow, so many great maps are going to be coming out in 2013, can't wait. :thumbsup:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • Jul 23, 2012
        my body is fucking ready.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Sep 24, 2012
          Hey, if you need help with lighting let me know. It's my specialty.

Add some func_dustmotes to the Kokiri Village for that fairy effect!

Gorgeous work!
          • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Oct 22, 2012
            my girl loves zelda....maybe i get her to play ZE now :question:
          • Mar 26, 2012
            Wow, this is gonna bring back so much old good memories. I look forward to playing it!
          • Dec 6, 2011
            Who's this Zelda guy I keep hearing about?
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Feb 11, 2012
              This sounds fucking badass!
            • May 31, 2012
              Holy shit! I am impressed and super stoked - can't wait to see it in action.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Oct 22, 2012
                It will be the most epic map for N64 lovers!
              • Apr 9, 2012
                Looks promising!

I think what I liked the most in the pictures are the good old low-res textures, which is something I LOVE!
                This gives the good old feeling of the game, meaning you're doing what it deserves! Can't wait to test the map :wink:
                If you ever need help with the modelling, feel free to ask me or Kaem to do it (K. ^)
              • Aug 10, 2012
                ...The temple of time

• Feb 24, 2011
                I would kill for including the adult-link temples including all the bosses and such! That would be another level of nostalgia-awesome for me.
                Good job anyhow, i'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. :thumbsup:
              • Oct 17, 2011
                Awesome work!!! I seen you working on sdkeveryday and thought you were editing maps or something but you just flipped my head and came out with this. Amazing!!!
              • Jun 11, 2012
                Oh my god I can imagine running in your map while shooting zombies and reminiscing about OOT while......I'm STOCKED!!!!
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Jun 18, 2012
                  You just make a ZE_OoT_Part2 map including all the adult parts. It's not like you've got anything better to do anyway.:bomb:
                • Jan 1, 2013
                  Good job, Tony! I was very curious about ingame screenshots and at least my waiting time is over. I saw you using SDK almost every day and wished I could watch you haha ^^
                  Hopefully your map will progress well because I can not wait for the day of the release! These pictures made me nostalgic :jump:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Jan 9, 2013
                    Damn this looks epic! Zelda themes can never go wrong :grin: Cant wait till its finished