Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zimmeran Verdict

Discussion in In The News started by sajak, Jul 13, 2013

1. Nov 11, 2011
    What was your initial reaction of the NOT GUILTY verdict of manslaughter and acquittal of all related charges?

Let's have our own crazy comments.
    [IMG]
  2. May 12, 2007
    I don't really think this is the best place to discuss this one, I'm staying out of that all together.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Jul 23, 2012
      Yeah, after seeing what the forums turned into the last time something got national attention, I'd recommend anyone to just stay out of this oncoming shitstorm.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Mar 12, 2008

GG no RE world lol

incoming TV reality show
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Oct 29, 2010
          Nah, ZImmerman is now free to live in hiding for the rest of his life.
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Like Like x 1
          • Nov 11, 2011
            The only thing that threw me off was the fact that Zimmerman didn't testify. I believe his lawyers knew he was going to fuck up on the stand because he had shit to hide. If you're not guilty and your life is at stake, wouldn't you want to explain, from your OWN words what went down? Make a plea to the jurors? I smell something. My two cents.
          • Jul 8, 2012
          • Oct 29, 2010
            They didn't need to, the defense just waited for the prosecution to continue imploding.

Also, 1337 posts.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Artistic Artistic x 1
            • Feb 27, 2012
              I'm glad he wasn't charged. The kid was a little punk. I mean, death and violence isn't nice, but he had to defend himself, and i don't blame him. Kids get away with too much crap. We all know what a lot of kids around that age are like and how they act.
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • May 31, 2012
                I am complaining about the severe reverse-racism of today's society: if this had been a Caucasian child, no fucks would be given from the public. I am not saying that racism does not exist, but ANY time something happens to someone of another culture besides some form of European-descendant then it happened because of "racism" and no other reason.

Is this guy sure he wants to be outside in the public? He's gonna have to live like O. J. Simpson and everything is going to suck even more than prison.

** I commit to make no additional responses or comments to this thread. I will not reply to questions or direct-response to my post. **
                • Agree Agree x 1
                  Joshy, Jul 13, 2013 Last edited by Joshy, Jul 13, 2013
                • Apr 12, 2012
                  • Funny Funny x 2
                  • Nov 11, 2011
                    [IMG]
                    • Funny Funny x 1
                    • Jul 20, 2010
                      This is what happens when you bring a case to trial over political reason's and not enough to even convict just to appease a group of people. Also here's a funny gem. http://imgur.com/gallery/A4eM3Wt

Well it seems people are grasping at straws now LOL. http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/14/justice/zimmerman-what-next/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

The NAACP is calling on the Justice Department to file civil rights charges and is asking the public to sign a petition.

"The most fundamental of civil rights - the right to life - was violated the night George Zimmerman stalked and then took the life of Trayvon Martin," the group said.

The Justice Department did not respond directly to the NAACP demand. It has a separate federal investigation going on.

An official told CNN on Saturday night that the department "continues to evaluate the evidence generated during the federal investigation, as well as the evidence and testimony from the state trial."
                      • Funny Funny x 1
                        Badgriuel, Jul 14, 2013 Last edited by Badgriuel, Jul 14, 2013
                      • Mar 12, 2008
                        Yes. I do not agree that anyone has a right to take someones life, however, but if it's to save your own and it cannot be avoided then you really have no choice. Were it me, i'd value my life over someone else's trying to take it. If I die, i'm going to die trying to save myself.
                        • Agree Agree x 3
                        • Mar 16, 2012
                          Alot of people i know were pissed. Alot of them with racism on their mind. I didnt think there was any racism just poor handling of the whole thing.
                          they tried to paint the picture of a defenseless child fallen victim to a racist white guy

i dont consider 17 a child, from what i heard he was pretty tall too, not to mention evidence Zimmerman was pretty beaten up. Many things point to self defense and after taking in all the evidence im starting to see it that way too.
                          Murder ? No. Manslaughter ? maybe. However he got out with self defense simply because the prosecution did a bad job i think....they went down the wrong roads.

Inside i think he should have gotten something maybe not jail but something. but i suppose his life being pretty much ruined in punishment.
                          Im just tired of people throwing around the word racism for every single thing that has to do with people of different race. Dude was not even white he looks spanish so he is. Stop with that white hispanic S***....its the same thing as some random saying hes 1/8 chinese and 1/4 spanish.

The only reason Zimmerman was following him was supposedly because there were some robberies in the neighborhood...thats not racism

i also hate that whole skittles and ice tea thing.......that doesnt mean anything Zimmerman was obviously beaten up by something....it doesnt matter what trayvon was holding just something the media conjured up to be a tear jerker for support.

In the end everyone lost in this
                          ZImmermans life is ruined
                          A "child" is dead and the family is left with no sense of venegnce
                          i truly feel bad for the family.
                          • Agree Agree x 2
                          • Jul 14, 2010
                            If Zimmerman did not go up to him that night... he probably would've gone home and ate his candy. What a waste of human life, really sad that it can be taken so easy..
                            • Agree Agree x 2
                              PeNguiN, Jul 14, 2013 Last edited by PeNguiN, Jul 14, 2013
                            • Oct 29, 2010

"Two men scuffled and one ended up shot dead under suspicious circumstances. No shit [charges are gonna be filed and a trial will be had.]"

Prosecution should have at the very least pursued involuntary manslaughter, no establish murder as the "minimum" charge. It was pretty much done as soon as the judge through out any consideration for a third-degree murder. There was just not enough evidence to convict for a second-degree.

Anyways, it's sad this entire circus even happened.
                              meeko, Jul 14, 2013 Last edited by meeko, Jul 14, 2013
                            • Feb 21, 2007
                            • Aug 7, 2012
                              omg, is this finally over!? i've been avoiding this stupid story as much as i can.
                              • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                              • Jun 11, 2012
                                • Funny Funny x 7
                                • Winner Winner x 1