Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZM Limited Ammo Event - Possible?

Discussion in Setup an Event started by Aprz, Mar 22, 2016

1. Mar 26, 2012
    I would love to have an event where we have limited ammo. I think this is one of the things that made ZE very fun for people. I am not suggesting our ZM server should be limited ammo all the time, but every once in awhile. I would like to run this event.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 8, 2016
      I agree with this suggestion. I'd like to see some fun events scheduled and made possible every once in a while. I think it'd bring a lot of fun to PF but at the same time it'd possibly bring a lot of raging too.

However, a script can also be made to change or add a script that adds "9999" clips of ammo to popular weapons such as the Deagle, P90, M4A1, AK47, MP5, Elites, Five Sevens, etc. Though it may be misunderstood "9999" being unlimited ammo, this is only the amount of ammo in total, where as the magazine clip would be what each weapon usually has. For example; the P90 being 50/9999, M4A1 30/9999.
    • Sep 14, 2008
      I remember way back when, when we had a limited ammo server. It died faster than Trumps hair piece.
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Mar 26, 2012
        I am not suggesting we make it a server, but just another thing to change things up every once in awhile instead of the exact same gameplay everyday.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Oct 24, 2015
          Events are sure fun so i agree with it. Everyone bump topic, lets do it.
        • Apr 28, 2013
          Bad news, I won't even be here for the event because I don't have steam installed.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          that would involve changing the knockback temporarily. it's been adjusted for Unlimited Ammo.
        • Mar 26, 2012
          So is feasible or not? Maybe we could test in ZMP. Would it just ne two variables/settings that need to change? We could possibly make it so zombies stay dead if killed.
        • Dec 28, 2014
          does this mean reloading, or just having limited ammo?
        • Feb 27, 2012
          Ill take a look into it tonight and see what i can do, and ill let you know if it will be simple enough to do! We probably will end up doing it on ZMP, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Mar 10, 2014
          • Aug 7, 2012
          • Apr 9, 2007
            • Like Like x 4
            • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
            • Mar 26, 2012
            • Apr 28, 2013
              Funny but true statement...Although you may have to change some settings to fit it for zm (e.g. noblock timer, roundtime, zr_infect timer, others I forgot to mention).

P.S. I stupidly miss zombie escape on pF.

P.S.S. If this event works so well, you could turn the ze server into a limited ammo zm server. Not that you'd want to but I'm just throwing some suggestions as usual (by that, I mean something in all seriousness needs to be done to that empty server that needs a good stable population).
            • Aug 8, 2010
              What maps would you like to use? This would be an interesting dynamic to map for IMO
            • Mar 26, 2012
              Just thinking of the standard ZM maps. Are you imagining something different?
            • Aug 8, 2010
              One thing that comes to mind is crouch spots. They are illegal for unlimited ammo but almost essential for reload.
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Mar 26, 2012
                Wouldn't need to re-edit the map. Just not enforce the rule during the event.