Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Zm Noblock Command

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Nayr, Jan 1, 2014

1. Apr 24, 2012
    I had an idea that maybe useful and I just wanted to get some feedback about a possible upgrade ability for the Zm server. Its very frustrating as a player to be blocked unintentionally by another player and extremely aggravating when it is intentionally done. I understand we can't have full time noblock because it would disable the possibility for stacking and pushing another player to achieve an objective. What if we had a "Noblock" command like !ztele that could be used in chat manually or bound to a key to activate noblock for a limited amount of time so that if a player comes across someone intentionally blocking a doorway or ladder ect. they could at will avoid the blockage. Some players wouldn't want to use this feature or know how but it wouldn't be necessary just another tool to be used by anyone who wanted to use it. It would probably cut down on some of admins having to deal with players blocking and facilitate smoother gameplay. Also players would be able to avoid blockers if there were no admins on at the time of the incident. Im submitting this idea for review and/or development.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Moved to the new Server Suggestions & Bugs section.

It's not a bad idea. It could replace !zstuck (which we haven't had forever)
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jan 17, 2013

yesterday in game at the krusty krab was the perfect example. so many zombies trying to jump into such a small opening.
        maybe just a 3-5 five second no block so we can pass people up, would there have to limits also though like !ztele?
      • Apr 24, 2012
        Thanks kinda what I was thinking to have a limit to it like ztele so it cannot be abused by trolls.
      • May 31, 2012
        It sounds like a good idea but I am not sure how it would work out. There are a lot of "hold" spots that work well based on the fact zombies are rushing in at the same time; if several zombies simultaneously rushed it then these spots would be no good anymore ie. red crate in a lila panic.

Also, what happens if they use this command and then when it finishes they are stuck in another zombie or something? I suppose ztele would be sufficient but still annoying.

I'm not opposed to the idea and I think it's a good one... just something to take into consideration before pursuing... I'm not against someone setting it up and testing it out.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 26, 2011
          This, this is exactly what I thought. Especially this map we were just on and yeah I can see hold spots being fucked at that moment.
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Apr 24, 2012
            I don't really see your point about the hold point because in a situation like the red crate if you are shooting a zombie and another zombie comes up along side or through him you have to shoot that zombie. It doesnt make them invisible or unable to be shot just that zombies can't block eachother for a few seconds.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 2, 2013
              To be honest, I think the game is fine how it is. It has been fine for the past few years, why change it? It doesn't seem like there are that many problems with players blocking. Adding the noblock command would change the gameplay of ZM, meh.
            • Apr 24, 2012
              this isnt something that everyone "must" use as it does not change gameplay, it just is another tool for someone to use in the war against the annoying blockers.
            • Nov 11, 2011

@Nayr I think your suggestion could go one of two ways:

1) Only CT's are allowed to type !noblock which will turn on noblock for three to five seconds and avoid being blocked. Cool off period before next use could be around 45 seconds to avoid spammers. Zombies will not be allowed to type !noblock.

2) CT's will be allowed to to type !noblock which will turn on noblock for three to five seconds and avoid being blocked. Zombies would also be allowed to type !noblock but with very high cool off periods (around 90 seconds). This will stop our... "clever" players from spamming it and potentially ruin good hold spots.

What Elysian and Joshy are talking about is this scenario: Imagine you are in the red crate with 6 people. You have a whole bunch of zombies that are trying to get in and you guys are holding them off really well. Then all of a sudden, through the wall of zombies that you're holding back, a super-fast-noblock-activated-bunnyhopping-bastard comes THROUGH that wall of zombies and stabs you. Technically, the spot is "ruined." Not to say someone won't see this zombie and stop it ahead of time but this will change up the gameplay slightly.

I'm neither for the idea nor against it. Thank you for the suggestion and trying to improve the server. :smile:
              • Like Like x 1
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Oct 13, 2011
                TBH, I used to block humans when I wasn't an admin. Because there are tons of backstabbers, inexperienced players when it comes to cade making (shooting everything around), and edgers. I'm not against trying this, but I don't like it.
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Nov 11, 2011
                  Self-incriminated! Take 'em away boys! :handcuffs:
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Apr 24, 2012
                    Well put sajak, however if someone tries to jump through they will still be shot becuase the noblock doesnt stop them from getting hit by bullets ie:If you are shooting player A and player B jumped though player A now player B is getting shot becuase it does not stop bullets it only stops the blocking. Now if player B tried to go around player A which is getting shot you need to re-direct your fire anyway just like normal gameplay Ie:Redcrate. But I like your idea of cooloff times to help prevent spamming trollers.
                  • Nov 11, 2011
                    Yeah, which is why I added the part where they can still get shot by humans. xD I think this idea can work. If @Detonator is down, we can work on it unless Kyle already has something similar in his arsenal?
                  • Apr 24, 2012
                    Obviously prudent testing is in order to make sure there are no exploided aspects of this by trollers.
                  • Jul 20, 2010
                    I see this getting abused by zombies to utterly ruin spots and change the gameplay a lot. Maybe instead of adding that command just increase the noblock time during the start of rounds until first infection hits.
                    • Agree Agree x 3
                    • Feb 27, 2012
                      Not sure what spots they could ruin exactly. But it's not the time of how long noblock takes to turn off. It's when you're inside of a player and you jump out of him, you often get stuck inside of him.
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Jul 20, 2010
                        That generally happens when noblock turns off and you happen to be inside another player.
                      • Feb 3, 2012
                        Mostly vent spots like on unpanic if that's what he's talking about.
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Feb 27, 2012
                          If noblock turns off and you're inside another player, it will still be active for the both of you. Once you get out of that player, it will disable. Everyone else could be able to bump into each other. But if two or more of you are still inside each other, noblock will still be active for just you two. You can walk out of them, which most of the time you won't get stuck inside of them. Most commonly you get stuck when you Jump out of them.

Very good point
                          • Like Like x 1