Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZM Rules too strict now!

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Aeko, Jul 9, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 2, 2014
    Hey guys! All I gotta say is that the chat spam rules in ZM is just way too harsh now. I've been a player in ZM for 2-3 years and have never experienced it to this point. I have 2 !ztele binds and using both of them at one time is already considered chat spamming... I mean are you serious? I even got gagged for using it. I've used these 2 binds before for awhile and have never had a problem. There are others who type in chat more than I do and I dont see them getting gagged whatsoever.
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • May 31, 2012
      My personal opinion: I agree with Aeko. I know that he can use his bind up to 5x, but he normally uses it only one or two times and I don't think it's appropriate to gag for that. Other people are doing pfly and stuff like crazy, or radio spam; these ztele binds seem harmless.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Oct 13, 2011
        Try using bind key !ztele instead of using bind key "say !ztele". You won't be spamming chat this way.
      • Jan 25, 2014
        Are you saying this has happened a ton or an isolated incident? because it seems it happened just once and an admin either aboosed powers or was misunderstanding a rule
      • May 2, 2014
        Post Merged, Jul 9, 2014
        I used it once a round and was gagged for it
      • Feb 27, 2012
        First of all, why do you need to bind it to "say @ztele;say random ass message that isn't needed"? let alone 2 binds, and to press them both at the same time? It is chat spam. It is definitely chat spam when you're pressing both. Use one. You're just flooding the chat with the same stupid sentences constantly.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Oct 13, 2011
          -.- Use one. Did you bind it with say !ztele or just !ztele ?
        • Feb 27, 2012
          I was there when it happened. The admin asked you many times to stop pressing them both, yet you continued to do it.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 13, 2014
            Contact LSA with who did it. With what you're saying it Sounds unjust and I've never seen you chat spam once on the entire time I've been here.
          • May 2, 2014
            asked many times? more like once. and i use my two binds once every round
          • Dec 17, 2007
            I've actually seen this happen a lot...but did not take any action on it due to the fact that it has been done by admins as well, while in the presents of LSA+
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • May 2, 2014
              i have 2 ztele binds binded to 2 different keys which i use them both at one time
            • Dec 17, 2007
              not really, some ppl with these sentences bound to their !ztele have a tendency to spam it in chat...i've even seen admins do it...so in my opinion yes it can become chat spamming like tony said
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • May 2, 2014
                so when i use those 2 binds at one time its considered chat spamming? While others are repeatedly typing in chat more than what i have with my binds?
              • May 31, 2012
                Not to put Tony on blast (because he is a super awesome LSA), but you guys have put me into a really tough position and people are starting to think I'm randomly crazy:

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzi__KTfHGQ&feature=youtu.be

In this demo, we can see that the spam isn't really that bad and we can even follow the chat. There is a super intense warning from Tony. Then Haoward is kidding around, and threatened for "interfering with admins duties". Both Aeko and Haoward are super loyal and long time pF players/donators... and if you were new to the server, would you want to stick around seeing how harsh the rules can be enforced? This is not good in my personal opinion.

edit: I know that Aeko can use his ztele up to 5x in a minute (which is spam), but to enforce it when he only does it twice is just cruel; we would also have to enforce this on everyone else.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Dec 17, 2007
                  well i wouldn't get so worked up about it...we have let you go on past occasion with mic spamming..."hey yo i'm friendly" of which you used to keep saying over and over, and even got other ppl intentional or not, to join in on, that we've let you get away with...so honestly the rules on ZM have not been stricter they have actually been a lot more easier...and what ever admin decided to warn and gag you with chat spamming, is 1 prob new and doesn't know who you are, 2 is just enforcing the rules that, that admin should be doing...bc i will tell you the truth i've thought about warning multiple times for saying "hey yo i'm friendly" over and over, but decided not too bc i knew you didn't have any real negative intentions
                  Post Merged, Jul 9, 2014
                  dude i have seen admins spam sentences with their ztele over and over, so aside from the fact that @Tony the Tiger!! :grin: is an LSA i'm going to have to agree with him on this one...spamming those sentences over and over can really be chat spamming
                • Feb 27, 2012
                  The admin asked you over the mic a few times. Then warned you in chat. Then proceeded to gag you.
                  It's not that he is just using it twice. It's that he was warned for doing it and muted. Then he continued to do it later right in front of the admin. He doesn't need to be posting that shit every time he zteles. I'm fine with one message, but pressing both at the same time is just spamming. As for my warning, i am seriously getting tired of the players (and some admins) pushing rules and think they can get away with shit. I'm done being a nice guy. I'm going to enforce the rules exactly as they are listed in the guidelines. Being too nice to everyone has spoiled them. The constant pushing rules is going to come to an end, and i'm not going to give out multiple warnings or warn you before hand over the mic, and i suggest everyone do the same.

And as i side note, i don't want to see any admins "picking favourites." I don't do it, and neither should you. I've banned friends, even really good friends for breaking rules. If you think you might be lame in their eyes, then screw them. You have a job. If you aren't enforcing rules as you should be, you admin can be reconsidered and if serious enough, eventually removed.
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • May 31, 2012
                    Aeko is super active, he's always on, and livens up the game play. He uses the mic regularly and anything considered as spam from him (by book) is extremely minor. I've played with him for hours and hours the entire day and he's a really valuable player to our community; this doesn't mean he's above the rules, but this is becoming too nit-picky.

edit: ... but it's just 2 lines man. I can totally understand the 5-6 times, but we are including the 2x one also?
                  • Dec 17, 2007
                    i know...that is why i have never warning him about his little saying that he used to have...bc i know he never had any real negative intentions
                  • Feb 27, 2012
                    I edited my post, re-read what i added. Second of all, there are a lot of people who lighten things up. But rules are rules. His chat spam isn't serious, but the fact that he had the AUDACITY to even start doing it after he complained to someone that he was gagged for no good reason, that's just the end of it. It won't continue. Unless another LSA/Management sees i'm just being too harsh, that's how i'm going to enforce it and i encourage everyone else to do the same. Just like the Lenny Face shit a while back, it's the same kind of situation. Pick a bind and use it. We don't the logs flooded.
                  Thread Status:
                  Not open for further replies.