Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZM secrets

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by [pF]Disturbed_One, Apr 13, 2015

1. Mar 10, 2014
    So i personally am getting sick and tired that the secrets for practically EVERY map are quickly getting fucked over since everyone knows them, if mappers are willing, i was hoping we could slightly alter them, then go back to guarding them intensely
  2. Dec 17, 2007
    It's not going to matter, bc the secrets will just get leaked out again and then you'll have noobs over running them again. The best thing to do is have maps that you have to actually use skill to get to certain spots.
  3. Oct 24, 2013
    No offense but I think this is a bad idea. It's kind of not very encouraging to players who don't know them to have to get in.
    I think they should be seen as like a cade, because more often than not they require a few steps to get in which makes them able to be held off.
    It's one thing to get a lot of zombie kills but it's another to sit in a spot, that sometimes can go and make everybody have to wait what seems like an agonizing few minutes of sitting around for the next round.
    In a game as fast paced as CS:S that can feel like a lifetime to be able to get to play again with some kind of action.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Jan 5, 2014
      Security through obscurity NEVER works (by itself).
    • May 31, 2012
      I don't really think the "secrets" were meant to be a secret; secret spots are boring anyways (if nobody tries to get you from them). Just go to your secret spot and chill their the entire round?
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I pretty much agree with this. Secrets are eh, sure they're fun to us as veterans but to a new player who has no idea on a new map they're disheartening at best.

And as stated above, the very same thing will happen - they will get leaked and then we're back to square one.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      I tell people map secrets all the time, how much fun can you really have sitting in a spot that no one knows how to get to?
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 8, 2013
        @Soft Serve
        ^ Loves to make like 20 versions of the same map, but secrets alter monthly since he hates when others know them.
        Sure thang, my love. Sure thong!
      • Jan 5, 2012
        Secrets only remain secrets for so long. If someone wants to find out the secret, they will find it no matter what.
      • May 31, 2012
        Plus, you could just decompose the map using something like Hammer and look for the secret; you could even find glitches and open holes inside of maps, etc.
      • Feb 8, 2013
        Haven't you heard? "Two can keep a secret if one of 'em is dead." Wise words. Secrets never last. Go fuck yourself if they do.
      • Jan 5, 2012
        Or you can just spectate the person. When I was new I used to just google the secrets, then act like a pro.
        • Winner Winner x 2
        • Feb 25, 2014
          Just go to a different spot each round, I stopped going to most of the secret spots anyway
        • May 31, 2012
          I think it is good to share secrets and tricks with people. There are players that I have shared secrets or tricks with that I have never seen before and they become a regular on the server all of the sudden. I think they continue to join to use the secrets or tricks they have learned and to find out more. Usually there is an unsaid rule to not stab people at secret spots. Obviously if you stab somebody in a secret spot while you are a zombie and go there next round as a CT while they are a zombie then you are gonna get wrecked. It's all fair game though. Veteran players are usually gonna survive regardless of if they are in a secret spot, built a strong cade, hiding somewhere, or running around the map. I don't find it that disheartening. It's just like any other game. Veterans are typically gonna survive and achieve things new players cannot fathom doing yet. Dying is part of the game too. You aren't always gonna be safe in a secret spot.

There is one player that has no mercy in a secret spot. Nebula? I forget. I usually bitch in admin chat about him, lol. It happens. I have no mercy on him either. Fair game.
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • May 31, 2012
            See what Aprz is implying? Nebula must die.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Feb 25, 2014
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Oct 29, 2010

why is secrets so important

Edit: On another note, we shouldn't be responsible for your inability to keep a secret.
                meeko, Apr 14, 2015 Last edited by meeko, Apr 14, 2015
              • Mar 26, 2012
              • Feb 25, 2014
                Because secrets scream to be gossip about.

resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-keeping-secrets-is-the-key-to-heaven-241f34