Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZM (WIP) - Looking for Suggestions!

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by MoonChickenDogRat, Mar 19, 2017

1. Sep 24, 2012

Hey! I've recently began blocking out a new zm map. My maps are normally biased towards zombies (Which usually proves unpopular with regular players.) The map has no set-theme yet, but for the most part I am just working on functionality at the moment. (Cades, camping points, jumps etc.)

What are some things that you would like to see in a well-rounded zombie mod map? Things you don't want to see?

OLD updates:

[IMG]

Survivors will find a shocking surprise if they touch the water. Also added a rope for zombies to get out.
    [IMG]

Added a set of stairs so that survivors can stack efficiently to hold the main entrance
    [IMG]

Both T and CT spawns have a new balcony entrance that connects to each other, only enter-able by boosting.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Raised the height of the platform, zombies will still have to stack to get over the edge, or take the ramp.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
      MoonChickenDogRat, Mar 19, 2017 Last edited by MoonChickenDogRat, Mar 30, 2017
    • Aug 6, 2016
      I like it. It reminds me of some Mini Game maps.
      I really like that little water area.
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • Sep 24, 2012
        I'm still looking for feedback regarding things you would like to see in this map, and things that you don't want to see.

I've made a few changes since the last set of pictures, those are updated in the OP.
      • Apr 26, 2015
        Do you have a DL for some to test it? That's the best way for some to give feed back.
      • Sep 24, 2012
        Also, don't be afraid to draw something out either, or post pictures. I can make the magic happen
      • Apr 26, 2015

-First spot you should add some boxes to jump on to get to the top. If you have to stack on people or use the vendy to get to the top, its going to be a shit show.

-Second spot I can see being really OP. I'd say extend the ladder behind it down a bit further, so you don't need people to stack to get on the ladder, and the room that the planks lead to, possibly add a door that you can use to get in there and some props to cade it.

-Third spot this room and ledges. Perhaps add some boxes to get people up. If the only way up is on peoples heads or props, its going to be a shit show.

-Water area will need ladders to get people back up. The big thing in the middle of the water could be potential for a spot you have to swim under to get to.

-The area which has the long escalated hallway. Not sure if you're planning on leaving that hall, but the area below could hold 2 cade spots of you extend the walls.

Overall I think it has some potential, it'll just need some tweaks and some more spots added in I think, since its a bit small. As is right now it'd be good with about 20-25 people playing, but if you've got like 50 people playing its going to be a little cramped and chaotic. Spots where you have to boost to get up suck, especially in cases where people in a party will boost one of their friends up, then everyone will !pfly to them, or people who are shooting away vendys to get up to spots. If you've got a small population on, chances are the boost spots won't be used, leaving only a few spots to really use.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Sep 24, 2012
          MoonChickenDogRat, Mar 21, 2017 Last edited by MoonChickenDogRat, Mar 21, 2017
        • Apr 26, 2015

1. Need a ladder or something to get out of this spot.

2. This should extend down.

- The area down in the water that leads up to the spot with the vendy with the cage. Add a button or something so players can leave without having to suicide in the water.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Oct 17, 2011
            the first picture that you put with the fence wall is a solid wall. Zombies cannot stab through it. Otherwise, if it was a prop that you put there with a fence, zombies would have the ability to stab through it.

The crouching area might not be a good idea unless theres a door or something from the other side for zombies to get through. If lots of humans manage to survive during the infection in there, it's going to suck. I wouldn't make any crouch spots unless there is another way for that same entrance for zombies to get in. Maybe add a small doorway entrance and more props? It would make the spot more fun and challenging.

Overall, hope that helped answer your questions. Good luck!
            • Like Like x 2
            • Apr 26, 2015
              Additionally. The balconies you added don't seem like you can just double stack to get on. You need a prop and then have to double stack.
            • Feb 27, 2012
              you can't stab through brushes even if they are transparent. i mean, there are ways to allow that to happen, but if you haven't done anything to that brush other than maybe turning it into a func_detail, then you can't stab through it.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Sep 24, 2012
                A boost is all that is necessary to access the second level.