Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zm2 is always empty

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Super Mario, Apr 11, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    I have been checking zm2 everyday and lately it goes up to 8 people mostly everyday. Now, some of you people and most of you might disagree on this. I think zm2 is just a waist being here. Everone is going on ze and it always gets full from the morning till night. As for zm, it never gets full but it still goes up to 50 and more people as I see. Some people wait and wait for ze for hours to connect and play and as for zm, it is not mostly like that. Here is my opinion, how about we have a ze2 server instead of zm2? This way more people come to plaguefest and ze2 will rank up more then zm2. I just wanted to share my opinion with you all. I hope it is not more money to have a ze2 then a zm2 server. I wanted to make that in future servers but it was closed, so sry for that. Thank you.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Feb 12, 2012
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Before anybody else comes along and obnoxiously yells at you because there's many other threads/posts about this, I'll tell you in a non-asshole way. This has already been brought up, and currently there's discussion on it actually. Not sure if we will change it or not, but ZE needs a heck of a lot more resources than ZM, so it's not like we can just switch it over. Just be patient on it and the decision will come. The more our community grows, the more we'll be able to expand. :smile:
        • Winner Winner x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • Oct 17, 2011
        • Jul 28, 2011
          ^Better than a quote!

I agree though, zm2 is a barren wasteland
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Zing! Zing! x 1
          • May 27, 2008
            If it's closed, there's a reason for that. @Brian stated how we do not have plans for another ZE at this time. Continually asking for it, doesn't bring those chances any higher.
          • Oct 29, 2010
            • Agree Agree x 5
            • Mar 9, 2012
              I use #2 to occasionally show someone a secret but that's really about it. I don't know the finances of PF but I think it'd probably be in everyone's best interests to just call it a day on #2.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Feb 1, 2011
                Seems like most have forgotten that we tried ZE2 and it totally bombed. ZE wasn't quite as popular then as it is now, but I doubt we'd get much of a different result. Also, ZE2 would inevitably bleed players from ZE1, and we'd lose our #1 rank among all servers fairly quickly.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Jun 4, 2006
                  It doesn't cost us a single penny more to run ZM2 all year long. Same goes for GG. Unless we have a legit reason to take a server down immediately (causing hardware issues, whatever), it's most likely going to stay there until we either a) do something with it and rebuild it, 2) swap it for something else, 3) delete it forever. This is why servers like GG have been around so long, the box GG is on still has a shit load of space and isn't struggling for resources in the slightest. Once we begin to add more servers on that box, GG would certainly kick the bucket to make room for the other servers.

To reiterate what others have said, zero plans of a ze2.
                  • Informative Informative x 1
                  • Feb 9, 2012
                    I was just wondering, since the box for GG isn't using much space, why not give a prioritized box for ZE and have ZM on a seperate box as well? would this reduce all lag ingame and stuff?
                  • Jun 4, 2006
                    No and it would cause way more work for us to maintain, and it would waste HD space for shared ZM related resources that would then be dupes if the servers were separated. It would also be impossible since ZM/ZE are on the same IP block and you can't split an IP block between boxes, its either that block goes to Box#1, or it goes to Box#2. There's a lot of good reasons we have things the way they are.
                    • Winner Winner x 1
                    • Mar 9, 2012
                      Oh, well then that's totally fine. If it doesn't cost then there's no harm.

You guys ever considered having a surf server? I recently got into this and I have a ton of fun playing them. It's a very GG/MG atmosphere, very relaxing and easy going.
                      • Agree Agree x 4
                      • Dec 6, 2011
                        Relaxed and easy going O.O? Most surf maps I've played are for the godlike only lol, doesn't seem like they would be too relaxing =S
                      • Oct 29, 2010
                        There are a ton of surf maps that are more focused on the killing rather than the "surf course" and are really extremely easy to surf on.
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Dec 6, 2011
                          Guess I just found a couple of hard servers, these things were like impossible, and I'm pretty good at surfing O.o

EDIT: before @Taters does it:
                          [IMG]
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • May 27, 2008
                            You probably don't play enough surf to actually see it. Most servers I've been to are fun and relaxing, if you know how to surf. It's incredibly easy to learn, too. Although most servers that exist now are full of those no-lifing cunts who finish the map in 45 seconds, and spend the rest of the map rubbing it in everyone's face. Other than that, yeah, it's loads of fun.

EDIT: Momo stop hiveminding w/me you asshole.
                            • Funny Funny x 1
                            • Jul 4, 2011
                              • Winner Winner x 1
                              • Aug 5, 2010
                                I have seen alot of servers with rpg, and they were ok but adding that to surf will really mess things up because once you hit a certain level with everything maxed out, you will be OP as fuck. Especially on a server where some people know how to surf better then others.
                              • Oct 29, 2010
                                I've never played RPG but I'm assuming those values can be set to keep anyone from becoming OP.
                                • Agree Agree x 1