Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal zm_3dubka_v3

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by tallahassee, Aug 17, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 13, 2011
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/alexvarno/screenshot/560916639890440606?tab=public

this spot is obviously a crouch spot, please make illegal. a human with an mp5 can easily hold back multiple zombie swarms.
  2. Dec 7, 2010
    A zombie does not need to crouch to enter the covered area of that roof area. Plus a zombie does necessarily need to crouch to tag someone in that spot even if they (the human) is crouching making the location legal.

There may be a possibility that something could have been missed in past testing. Feel free to post a demo of a test showing how a human can hold off multiple zombies.
  3. May 6, 2011
    Harvey I too also do not think the spot should be illegal. However, I think what you are trying to say is that a zombie doesn't need to crouch to tag the survivors there. If that was what you meant, I would totally disagree. The zombies does still need to crouch in able to tag the survivors as I tested the spot today.

First to clarify the spots again which Tallahassee are talking about, are highlighted in the following picture, within the red marked zones.

[IMG]

Along anywhere in the following picture highlighted in red, a survivor would need to crouch, and so too would a zombie need to as well.

[IMG]

But, the main reason why I don't think that spot should be illegal, is due to there are too many ways a zombie could come at you. They could come at you from the "Roof Side", and also the "Planks Side" where you need double stacking zombies to reach. If there were restricted number of entry points, then it would be an issue. But, the entry points to crouch and to tag the humans are wide and multiple, also not very deep (from the plank side view, longer if you were to come from the roof side) The spot is on my skill point suggestion 9 out of 10 (highly highly difficult), but, it is not totally impossible. As the spot to overcome it, requires a horde of zombies to cooperate with one another.

[IMG]

I am posting two more different angle pictures of that spot, should anyone wishes to comment further and use the pictures for there posting here.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. Dec 7, 2010
    Glad to hear you also feel this spot should remain legal even though its extremely cheap. I'll leave this thread open for at least 24 hours to see if there are any additional feedback.
  5. Feb 1, 2011

I agree - on the outer edge of the roof you do not have to crouch under the overhang, and the crouch area seems shallow enough to fall to a zombie swarm. However I've never really seen anyone camp there so I don't know how it holds up if you're all the way to the back.

My vote is legal, but testing would be cool to make sure its not TOO cheap!
  6. Mar 16, 2008
    I think it should be illegal after seeing Tallahassee there round after round without getting tagged.
  7. Jul 13, 2011

Taken today rounds 2-last.

P.S. Zombies weren't happy and i did not cut anything out, have fun.

Make it illegal please for the betterment of the server.
  8. Jan 5, 2007

Just from looking at the images posted, it's pretty easy to see that even a large zombie rush would still fail. First, you have them reduced to a crawl from crouching to get in. Second, you have a ledge you can shoot them over quite easily. Combine those with the unlimited ammo we have, and even an amateur should be able to hold the spot. How people think that should stay legal I have no idea.
  9. Dec 7, 2010
    I actually watched the entire 23 minute of your 3dubka demo and I have to say there was some interesting and funny aspects. Let me say that the flying vending machine getting stuck under the roof overhang was such a perfect incidental barricade and made me laugh. The second was when you had a noob partner sitting next to you under the overhang getting tagged. This revealed that it is possible to tag someone under the roof (as cheap as it is) if they are a noob. But you demonstrated that an expert player is able to hold of virtually all the zombies.

Based on the submitted demo and the circumstances involved, the spot has been officially listed: http://www.plaguefest.com/harvey/illegalspots/zm_3dubka_v3.html
  10. Mar 11, 2011
    ya i feel it should be illegal i watched a newer player sit there 2 rounds one time someone got close but they waited to shoot when they did shoot it was easy defend spot
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.