Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_4_way_tunnel

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Xombie, Oct 10, 2011

1. Sep 30, 2011
    Why is this map still in the rotation? I don't think majority of people enjoy this map it just happens to get 1 spammed into play. Is there any way we could trash this relic? Just wondering.
  2. Oct 27, 2010
    I think this is quite a fun map actually, especially since it's been reworked (I can actually play it now instead of watching the elevator :grin:).

I can't say that I've ever noticed a global aversion for that map. People always whine when the map changes :razz:.
  3. Jul 14, 2010
    The map has some good history and doesn't appear to drop population from my perspective. I'd say there are worst maps.
  4. Sep 30, 2011
    Maybe it's only me then. I just dislike the map overall. It seems like someone was trying to make a ZE map, then changed their mind at the last minute and compiled this thing we call a map.

Meh... well. To each his own I suppose.
  5. Jan 5, 2007
  6. Sep 30, 2011
    That's the thing, I rather enjoy atix_heli and think it's a historic classic to the zombie mod. Maybe we should just take a poll of players and find out which maps are not so liked. Would be nice to see a few new maps thrown into play to replace some less favored ones.
  7. Feb 1, 2011
    I'm not a big fan either, but like the others have said, this map has been around for quite some time and has developed a sort of "cult following" if you will. It frequently gets nominated and voted for, and many players love it. I think quite a few would be upset if we got rid of it :confused:
  8. Apr 6, 2011
    I like 4 way tunnel not a big fan of the heli one. I wouldn't want to see it gone.
  9. Aug 8, 2010
    To hell with both but I don't want to see them removed from server. They are fun sometimes. Deto did a hell of a job with 4way. I like it now used to hate it. Buttsex!
  10. Oct 29, 2010
    I LOVE 4WAY TUNNEL, AND IDGAF WHAT YOU SAY.

The thrill and excitement of potential catastrophic fail (margin for success and fail is thin in this map), plus the map allows players to potentially play a game of running tag.

Hide-an-seek/cade maps get very monotonous sometimes, imo. . .4way is a good change of pace from the other maps.

More than a few would get upset if either map gets deleted from the rotation.
  11. Mar 20, 2011
    Xombie it is brutal as an admin , it takes a lot of admin'n on it due to the stackers on the elevator, but its a good map.
  12. Jul 14, 2010
    The elevator stacking issue was fixed to an extent. (Thank deto) Haven't had any new problems arise from it.
  13. Jul 14, 2008
  14. Mar 20, 2011
  15. Apr 6, 2011
    Yeah I am alot happier on that map now because of the fix I use to hate how they stacked.. Now you can actually play on the map without that issue making you move to spec to try to stop it.
  16. Dec 7, 2010
    I guess we all have various opinions on what maps we hate/suck. :razz: I personally dislike twinsteel, but then again there are others who really like it. So its all personal preference.
  17. Jul 14, 2008
  18. Dec 7, 2010
  19. Dec 7, 2010
    Yes, thanks to Detonater I actually enjoy playing the map now. While previously I found it a pain to supervise. :razz:
  20. Sep 6, 2010
    Yes, that map has been greatly improved. FYI, there are other ways to get on the very top. The majority of players follow the simple way of up concrete stair case and up the ladder. However, you can also go straight through canals filled with water and then get up using fast elevator or ladder (and then jump up there using a pusher).