Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_abandoned_mall_v5FF

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Vicarious, Jul 16, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 27, 2012
    I know there's been many threads about illegal spots and such but I just can't stay silent about this spot.
    There were only one CT left against around 14+ zombies, though the amount of zombies don't really matter. He spammed the door with E continuously the whole round (though he did let the zombies stab him when there was literally one second left) so it was impossible for zombies to get throught the door.

[IMG]

[IMG]

If there is a hidden entrance or any of the sort that I've missed, then I see no problem with this spot. But, if it's just this door, then there is no way to get the human(s) in this room. Press and spam E and there is no way for the zombies to infect anyone in this room.

These were the only two screenshots that I managed to take, sorry.
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    It's against the rules for him to be doing that. He's glitching the physics and griefing. The original mapper should have set the door to close after a few seconds and not respond on +USE when it's already open. Next time, just give a warning, and if he continues, kick him.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Oct 29, 2010
      You're not allowed to spam doors to keep them closed.

I believe that used to be covered in the rules, but I'm only seeing the bit about blocking which doesn't really apply here. There are lots of areas where spamming a red button or a door handle make a room completely inaccessible, though the rooms themselves shouldn't be illegal. @Brian did we lose this in the rules at some point and/or can we have this appended to the illegal spots rule?
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Spamming a door, button, lever, or any form of action that is meant to be pressed once, is considered spamming and/or griefing, which is illegal. The spot is not illegal, the person behind it is performing an illegal action.

Does this apply to MG as well? Prime example, bathroom doors in mg_n64?
        • Jun 23, 2010
          Room is not illegal, just spamming the door to keep it close is (Like Momo said).

@sajak Just shoot through the door lol.
        • Nov 11, 2011
        • Jun 23, 2010
          Nvm, after re-reading it, I got it.:beatup:
        • Dec 27, 2012
          With other words, I didn't read the rules thoroughly.
          I'll make sure to warn->kick->ban anyone doing this again, thanks everyone for the information.
          I apologize.:quiet:
          • Friendly Friendly x 2
          • Jun 23, 2010
            Everyone should learn from their mistake :grin:

Just a little tip, it doesn't hurt to re-read the rules and stuff every once in a while (motd) :razz: I do it all the time, especially when I'm bored on the server lol (Not saying no one is reading it.).
            • Like Like x 1
            • Feb 8, 2013
            • Dec 27, 2012
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Like Like x 1
              • Oct 29, 2010
                I'm not familiar with the map, so I'm not sure what effect spamming this door would have.
              Thread Status:
              Not open for further replies.