Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_an_jailbreak_miniv1

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by ORANGE-THE LAST TANGERINE, Aug 26, 2014

1. Dec 17, 2007
    See if this roof top can be considered a ledge spot, zombies have to get through several platforms and ledge areas to even attempt to get up the ladder that leads to the roof top. Only time i've seen this spot fail is when a zombie spawned up there. I know that this map doesn't get played a lot, or if anyone ever considered this roof top a ledge spot. Explanations are with the scrn shoots i provided.
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    Never really saw this spot as an issue, even with a large number of humans up there (which is pretty much a requirement for it's survival) it can get overran pretty easily.

Can the zombies come from the secret platform to at least cut out the first half of the way up? I assume they could run boost straight to the roof as well.
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      FWIW i checked in hammer and there are no secret teleports/walls/ladders/etc that lead to this spot.
    • Dec 17, 2007
      it's poss to jump from the secret platform to the platform right in front of it. I did it with admin jump, but that's if the zombies are able to get to the secret platform, there's usually a couple ppl camping up there. I mean it's possible if no one was on that secret platform. While I was on, the zombies were barely making it half way up, then they were getting shot off by both the ppl on the roof top and the players on the secret platform. Back awhile ago when i was playing on a different server, i remember being able to hold the roof top with me and another player, you just have to keep an eye out as the zombies come around that last corner to jump onto the AC unit, if you can shoot them they just fall between the AC unit and the small platform with the ladder.
    • May 31, 2012
      The pictures alone show 3 different ways to get up there and it's only assuming that all 3 spots are taken over by CTs. I just don't feel like saying "if CTs are camping at this spot" then it's impossible to get to another spot qualifies for illegal spots. They have similar spots in other maps too:

[IMG]
      (Hint: Similar because if CTs are defending the jail/cannon area, this spot is also inaccessible and it's even worst than the posted spot because there is only one teleport to this location.)

Also, it's very important to remember that more CTs defending a spot might make accessing another spot more difficult. You can look at red crates as an example. 1 CT in the crate alone is pretty much useless, but 15 CTs the crate will make it very challenging.

After careful consideration, I have decided to not agree with the illegal spot proposal at this time.

#illegalspotwitchhunt2014yolo
      • Like Like x 2
      • Dec 17, 2007
        Actually it only shows three ways to get to that small platform after the AC unit, where if the zombies can get to it, fails 99% of the time. Then they still have to get up to the ladder to another platform, up another ladder, to finally get to the roof top. As for the pic you provided and the red creates you mentioned, they are not ledge spots and can be taken over, if you mass enough zombies. The roof top I put into question, you can shoot the zombies off as they try to come up or get through the platforms one by one.
      • Feb 3, 2012
        I have a feeling that zombies could easily stack up from this box and get up to the ladder.
        [IMG]
      • Dec 17, 2007
        I mentioned this in the last pic, they may be able to, but all it takes is that one player watching the small platform from above to shoot them off, or even just watching the boxes to keep them from stacking. Thats how I used to do it, when I played this map on another server.
      • Jul 14, 2010
        I agree with Momo. The spot doesn't seem overpowered unless there are enough humans protecting every side, and even then, enough zombies should be able to overrun them with teamwork.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        I'm going to rule this as not illegal. It can be pretty OP with a lot of people, but any spot can really. If you come up with a demo or something of a guy or two easily holding this spot that can convince otherwise, that would be cool too.
        • Like Like x 1