Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_arictic_bunker_v1a VENDI GLITCH?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Terrasaurusrex, Mar 15, 2015

1. Nov 18, 2013
    Not really an illegal spot but I would like insight on if this is legal or illegal to do. A lot of players are starting to use the vending machine to glitch in between the elevator and top floor. Once the glitch occurs, the elevator can't go all the way up because the vending machine is lodged in between. So it remains stuck.

The vending machine can be moved. It's just really difficult.

This reminds me of how players shoot the bookcase up the tower on zm_firewall and they get the bookcase stuck in the stairs so zombies can't come up.

What do you guys think? Legal or Illegal?

[IMG] [IMG]
  2. Feb 8, 2013
    It definitely can't be illegal because the prop being there can be caused by both zombies and humans. When this map was first came out, it caused the lift to completely stop working, but Jermaine fixed it, I believe. It's a lot better now and props usually gets pushed out when it's glitched within the lift. This may be one of the many occasions where the lift happens to glitch out.

To deal with this, there's nothing that we can really do other than a mapper going into the map and diagnose the problem, then fix it with a new version, so we'll probably have to deal with this for the time being.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nov 18, 2013

@Kyle , @Brian , @retslag1 , @Secprotocol , Legal or Illegal?
    • Mar 8, 2013
      it used to be enforced as illegal. I don't see a reason why that would've changed.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      If they're glitching it on purpose, it's against the rules, though it can be hard to tell sometimes. Generally we don't allow blocking of areas by glitching props into doors/walls/elevators.

I feel like we talked about this spot somewhat recently, was there another way up?
    • Nov 18, 2013
    • Aug 1, 2011

as well as

Exploiting a glitch where props can jam an elevator blocking access to an entire section of a map. When I used to admin in pF, I'd warn about the infraction and getting them to either unglitch it, leave that area, or get teleported out.
      • Agree Agree x 1
        Devious Toast, Mar 15, 2015 Last edited by Devious Toast, Mar 15, 2015
      • Jul 20, 2010

If people are glitching the elevator with a prop so it never comes up it would be illegal to do so. The area in question is not illegal to go up and camp, but blocking access to it by glitching the only way up there is illegal. Also say if someone sat there spamming the elevator button so it never fully comes all the way up.

There are a few maps that have specific spots illegal because you can glitch the elevator very easily with props, one of those maps is zm_hanger_pf1.

http://plaguefest.com/threads/zm_hanger_pf1.169
      • Feb 27, 2012

This could soooooooooooo easily be fixed. Prop teleporters are a wonderful thing.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Dec 30, 2006
          Don't need to tag anyone, especially anyone from Management. If you're going to bug anyone, it should be the Wiki Editors, which are Dillinger, Momo, and Myself. But still, you don't need to tag us. We're usually pretty quick about these threads.
        • Feb 21, 2007
          Based off what's presented in this thread, I think @Devious Toast put it well.
        • Feb 1, 2011
          that elevator is the lamest thing in any zm map ever
        • Jan 25, 2014
          ^^ it glitches humans that jump while its going up too.

ITS KNOW AS THE ELEVATOR OF DOOM
          • Like Like x 1
          • Dec 17, 2007
            it's illegal to glitch anything with a prop, an elevator, door, or glitching yourself inside of one. This has always been enforced as illegal
            Post Merged, Mar 16, 2015
            i'll teleport you...but only bc i like you so much