Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zm_atix_helicopter nuke glitch problem

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Super Mario, May 21, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    This has happened not once, not twice but 3 times today where I was playing on atix and this nuke comes out of nowhere in the middle of the round and we all die. I made this thread jut asking if anyone got a tutorial or know how this happen, please tell me. I mostly play on zm and I want to know how this is always happening so I can go spectate the spot where it happens at and not let this go on again. Many warnings have been given in the past for this by admins and still idk what is causing it. If you have any information any player, please tell us so we can know and not let this happen again.
  2. Jul 28, 2011
    My guess is someone boosted / launched a zombini up thar.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Oct 29, 2010
      This is correct, if this is happening just sit in spec and watch for zombies to get launched into the landing area by humans. It's definitely not allowed, if they've been warned and you catch them doing it, punish both the human and zombie players.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Ahhh, after 2 damn years of playing this map, I had never thought of that. Thank you for telling me that guys. Would this be a ban for the player that does it again?
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Nov 16, 2011
      Sorry guys I had to..

please dont kill me!
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
        AzureKaRyu, May 21, 2012 Last edited by RainbowDash, May 21, 2012
      • Oct 29, 2010
      • Oct 17, 2011
        Kyle I mean if 2 people plan on doing this shit again that rewind the whole round by meaning it. Would the admin that sees them ban them right away?
      • Dec 6, 2011
      • Mar 4, 2012
        In order to do this, it takes one zombie and one human, usually with an awp. If you go to the corner between the oil rig on fire and the wall below the safety zone that launches the nuke you can awp a zombie up easily. This is against the rules and should be punished swiftly. In order to catch the two responsible, simply spectate that corner at the beginning of the round and anyone waiting there with an awp is the culprit! Please do not take this offense lightly just because you do not enjoy ATIX. This is a recurring problem where admins look the other way and ATIX happens to be my fav zm map...for years I have suffered as rounds have been ruined with no hero admins to save the day...I have the power now! Bitches be warned.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Oct 29, 2010
        • Jul 19, 2011
        • Mar 12, 2008

If it happens again,

Ban both of them.

for a long time.
        • Dec 7, 2010
          As indicated by Taters this deliberate act impacts every player on the server it is appropriate to warn then if necessary ban those individuals responsible.
        • Jan 28, 2012
          I can fix this! I suggest an Invisible brush that gets disabled right before the chopper gets there. This would stop early nukes but not awp trolling at the very end, however, most zombies would probably knife the troll if he got anywhere near that area, plus if someone was trolling it'd be easy to tell who it is. Anyways, thats my fix.
        • Apr 9, 2007
          I dare you to fix this, if that motivates you.
        • Nov 11, 2011
          It's actually an easy fix. I suggest @Tony Montana edit it, considering he's edited this map in the past (I THINK).
        • Jul 4, 2011
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Oct 17, 2011
            @sajak and @CastleX I don't think the map can be fixed because when you decompile all the materials and the models of it, they do not show up with their textures on zm and that was the same problem tony had when I asked him while he was trying to fix the spawns and all the vehicle brushes were missing.
          • Nov 11, 2011
            Depending on what you use to decompile, the results vary wildly. I believe atix map has decompile protection that BSPsource and Vmex can't do and thus, it is the reason why you would have missing brushes, broken classes, etc. The alternative method to removing protection is to use a hex editor and manually remove it, and then decompile again. On a side note, admin powers come with responsibilities and that, being as boring as it is, is to sit in spec and observe people who break the rules. @Harvey is a prime example of someone who does this duty beautifully. I used to do it as well and it was boring, but in any case, fixing this map will be more work than previously thought. Someone who wants to remove the protection and decompile, that's on them :razz: