Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_atix_helicopter_mini_p1_v3

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Kyro, Aug 10, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 26, 2015
    I would like to revisit the no camping spot with the 1000 points. This photo is a week or so old and I haven't got around to posting it. Its pretty frustrating trying to get someone there since the jump to the spot is pretty challenging, and there is almost no way to actually get someone who is on this ledge. It essentially becomes a waiting game until everyone dies at the end of the round. I personally think it should be reconsidered based on if zambies are able to kill the person, and not if they're going to run out a clock to death.

Last thread of the subject I found is from 2012: http://plaguefest.com/threads/zm_atix_helicopter_v1d.12762/

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Jun 29, 2014
      that spot is easy to get to i know people have seen me hiding up there and have got me, pretty sure it was @Kronus that did it a few times or @FreshEggs
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Oct 29, 2010
        This is the same old atix_heli we've always had, right? We don't enforce spots on this map due to the nuke.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        seeing as the nuke goes off in the last 10 seconds of the map, we should still enforce illegal spots no matter what. 10 seconds out of 5 minutes is quite a bit of time. meaning, people could sit in a possibly illegal spot for all of but 10 seconds of each round.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Oct 29, 2010
          Has it always been so late in the round? I'd thought it happened much earlier. If this is the case, there's a couple of crouch spots off the top of my head.

Either way, I don't think this spot is really illegal worthy in my opinion. It's by no means impossible to tag someone up there, just takes the right timing to look up and stab when you take the tele.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          It's about 10 second when the nuke goes off. I dont know how many spots should be illegal, but i dont think this one should be tbh.
        • Apr 26, 2015
          Its at 5 seconds AFAIK. But personally I'm yet to see someone whose been on that ledge get killed. Those who I've seen up there just shoot the spot and the zambles just fly away.
        • May 16, 2013
          Spot should not be illegal imo. I have been in this spot spam jumping and shooting and have been stabbed quite a few times. I think the only reason it's sort of a good spot is cause a lot of people don't know how to get there and when they do go through the tele they aren't expecting to be at the persons feet
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 3, 2012
            I'd say even if it was illegal it should be enforced. This way we don't have to drag out the rounds and wait 5 minutes for the nuke to go off just for one person.
          • Jan 21, 2011
            And what if someone makes a cade and holds it all round?
          • Feb 3, 2012
          • Oct 29, 2010
            I would venture a guess that the majority, by far, of rounds on this map end with the nuke. I'm just not sure it's really worth enforcing spots, we've gone soooooo long without.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 27, 2012
              From that quote in that thread, we enforced that spot as illegal and it was listed on the Illegal Spots list.
            • Oct 29, 2010
              That was a different version of the map, though I don't know if that would really mean anything.

I'm certainly not comfortable making a decision counter to what we've been doing the past 5+ years, I'll wait for word from the Old Gods.
            • Jul 20, 2010
              Not all, there are some that you can build on that map that can hold out until the end.
            • Jun 29, 2014
              With the exception of the filthy few that last all round , so this spot is no different then a super cade or red crate what have you ,
            • Feb 27, 2012
              it was the same thing, just re-skinned. I don't think this spot should be illegal just because people don't know how to get there. It's easy to get humans there.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Apr 26, 2015
                The main reason I wanted to visit this was because the last thread was from 3 years ago, along with my personal opinion on it that it should be illegal. If Momo, Tony and others don't feel its worth it to enforce it since its been ~3 years with no real issues, then it might as well just stay.
              • Jan 21, 2011
                It's not that there haven't been issues, it's more that this spot has nothing that really makes it illegal
              • Dec 17, 2007
                I have used that spot many times and have been stabbed plenty. It's a hard spot to get to, but none the less you can get to it and be stabbed.
              Thread Status:
              Not open for further replies.