Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Completed Maps started by GiGaBiTe, Dec 8, 2011

1. Mar 26, 2009
    I wanted to get back into mapping after about a year of not touching hammer, and decided I'd finish this map that I started almost a year ago. I'm not sure if anyone remembers the first rebuild of zm_base_winter I did (beta3a), but it had that shitty lava pit in place of the laser hallway.

I removed the old lava pit and re-implemented the laser hallway from the ground up and fixed some bugs that the original had (the laser wouldn't do damage after the laser sequence had been run through once.

There's an issue with the teleporter particles and vent fan breaking shortly after the map loads, which is the fault of a Valve update that lets func_rotating angle values go unclamped and overflow. There's probably a plugin to fix this, but I haven't looked.

2. Sep 25, 2010
    Not to undermine your efforts or anything, but IIRC the the beta3 got removed because people generally liked the original version.
  3. Dec 3, 2011
    I think your doing something wrong because i use a LOT of func_rotating stuf and i never had problems with it....
    Since you have problems with this option i guess u are doing something wrong and not Valve.. else i would have that problem to and i dont.

4. Mar 26, 2009
    Or it could be valve and you are making false accusations.

Issue has been around since July.
  5. Dec 3, 2011
    I dont want to be mean or something or making false things...
    I am just saying i dont seem to have that problem when i make maps with rotating things thats it :smile: