Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Bella, Mar 27, 2011

1. Nov 14, 2010

This map is still under construction.
    As you can see, I only have a spawning room, and a train station.
    A LOT more will be added, but this is just a taste of what I'm currently working on.
    Let me know what you think so far.
    Banner/Billboard being used in map
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    Lookin great! There are a couple choke points that worry me, though. Such as running through the door. Are you sure this shouldn't be a Zombie Escape map?
  3. Aug 2, 2010
    Would make an excellent ZE map.
  4. Sep 21, 2008
    I was thinking it would be a good ze map, but if you made more rooms with materials to cade and difficult places to reach, it would then be a better zm map. I like it so far, nice use of the train. Some things I think would be nice is if you make the tunnel a lot longer with rooms on either side and the trains leading to an area outside the tunnel with some buildings.

1000'th post. hell yea
  5. Nov 14, 2010
    Well, I'm absolutely not going to make this a Zombie Escape map.
    1. I never play Zombie Escape.
    2. That takes way too long
    3. My intentions were to make a Zombie Mod one, lol.

But than you guys for rating it.
    I'm building the map as a regular map first, then adding in zombie-mod-worthy spots.

This will allow me to give the map as much as a realistic feel to it as I can.

Also, I will be putting up a dedicated server, hosting this map, in it's beta state, for testing. If you would like to test it out, please feel free to do so.

If you have absolutely any ideas, please don't be afraid to let me know. I'm trying to make this a map that everyone'll love.
  6. Jan 21, 2011
    Make it rain watermelons. Then I'll love it.
  7. Feb 12, 2011
    Or pie.

On a more serious note, I think you should make a ze map, ZM maps usually get repetetive quickly(Yes, even more than ze xD), if you make it ze people will it for alot longer than they would if you made it zm.
  8. Nov 14, 2010
    Okay, I need suggestions beside the whole ZE one. I have no idea how to make that, and it would take me way too long to make. So I need ZM map suggestions.
  9. Apr 9, 2007
    You could make it a long treacherous windy path to the finish :shock:

Seriously though. Lots of barricade rooms, leave running space, should be great with the theme.
  10. Nov 14, 2010
    I'm adding support beams in the tunnel on each side, all the way down. You can't run alongside the parked trains anymore. That's one less choke point. Now I need to add an alternate entrance, or widen the one I already have.
  11. Oct 21, 2010
    Looks good so far Bella. Can you add some 3 vendi and cradle type cades for people who like to cade build?

12. Oct 10, 2010
    we mappers need a WIP forum for this kind of stuff ...

Bella, i am willing to test your map live on our server,
    but need a version what is near playable.
  13. Feb 21, 2007
    Looks good so far...I've never seen tron so i dunno about the basics of the map....but people always like a variety of rooms...including rooms which can be using for barricading (soda machines, couches) and rooms/areas where u can climb or camp. I think a map with a variety of those will please most people. The rest is icing on the cake!
  14. Jan 21, 2011
    If you're going for a tron theme it would be pretty cool to have the rectifier, a solar sailer, and some recognizers somewhere in there.
  15. Oct 21, 2010
    Definatly a good theme. It would nice if we had a test server on PF for the mappers. :whistling:

I also agree with Slag. Some people like to build cades, hide, and like to climp then camp. If all three aspects are met this will be a well rounded map. Please dont make it to big though. lol. I love the train. Thay shit is hella kewl. :thumbsup:

16. Mar 16, 2008
    Done :smile:
  17. Oct 10, 2010
    you the best ^^
  18. Jul 14, 2010
    I like the detail on the map, it looks very original and i'm sure it will be fun if it's zm or ze.
  19. Dec 7, 2010
    I want killer cats that meows and then poops on your shoes.. :razz:
  20. Nov 14, 2010
    As you've seen, I've created a half-world/half-grid like atmosphere. I'll be adding a whole-grid-like atmosphere, and the outlands atmosphere. Right now I'm working on the outlands will have the hideaway in the cliffs. I'll try to include as much detail and ability as I can.

Outlands concepts