Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_cbble_tredux

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Jan 25, 2014

1. Feb 27, 2012
    So i've always disliked the version of the map that is already on ZM, but i liked the idea of it. (version on the server is zm_cbble_redux_aidan6) I also saw a thousand remakes on Gamebanana, all of which were horrible and terrible looking. So i started to remake it entirely from scratch, since some of it was off grid or on an odd/tiny grid. It has my own kind of flavour to it, so it's not like an exact copy of the map. There are a lot more usable spots in my opinion. The version on the ZM server only has 2 good spots. I've added many new spots, preserved favourite spots, and tweaked existing spots to be more balanced or so they are easier to hold. So here's some screenshots. It's about 95% done.

@Grape i told you i'd make you your cactus gun. I'll tell you how to do the secret later :wink:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 2
    • Jan 1, 2013
      Lol the cactus is a zm item? Does it hurt cts that are nearby?
      Looks really nice <3
    • Oct 24, 2013
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Grape asked if i could do something like that, and i like the idea. Maybe i can make some kind of green particle effect that damages the zombies that will last for 5 seconds or something, and has a 1 minute cool down. I like the idea. I have no idea how to do any of that, but i'll figure it out! ahaha
        • Like Like x 1
        • Jan 1, 2013
        • Feb 8, 2013
          Well, can we keep the old version? I like how this one looks, but it seems too out of place. Everything looks like it's been altered and made easier for the noobs.
        • Oct 24, 2013
          Maybe it could turn the player into a cactus like the one map that you become a vendy.

Or it could drop like up to three cacti props. could be the size of a regular box and give 1pt of damage when you touch.
        • Aug 30, 2012
        • Feb 27, 2012
          Not really aiming to replace the original, just put this one along side it. Like the Lila Panic maps and towers.
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
          • Dec 17, 2007
          • Oct 24, 2013
            Sorry I haven't been on, I've been having a ton of personal crap going on.
            I hope I can try it out, appreciate you doing that.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Feb 3, 2012
              Maps nice and totally beats the old version. :thumbsup:
            • Jan 3, 2013
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Dec 11, 2013
                Me too, i very excited about the map, especially the 'cactus gun' !!!!!
              • Mar 26, 2009
                Can you do something about the grass? It looks awful.

Use a grass texture that doesn't tile so badly or do something to break it up so it doesn't look bad.
              • Oct 30, 2013
                Cactus gun is fun. @Tony the Tiger!! :grin: The gun can be grabbed threw fence makes the teleport kinda useless besides fast access to roof, also allows noobs to use the cactus gun i suggest this be fixed right away before things get crazy.
                Peter凸(¬‿¬)凸, Feb 8, 2014 Last edited by Peter凸(¬‿¬)凸, Feb 8, 2014
              • Feb 27, 2012
                It can? i thought i fixed that already. Could you show me where?
                Post Merged, Feb 8, 2014
                You mean from painting the alpha? I could try and paint it better, i just did it really quickly lol
              • Mar 8, 2013
                seems fixed to me. maybe he still has the old version of the map... or is the server itself running the old version?
              • Feb 27, 2012
                Yeah, it seems like it is. Retslag must have uploaded it before i had fixed it. Oh well, i'll fix that later today probably.
              • Oct 30, 2013
                I was on it this morning and you could take it from the right side of the cage. it wont let me add a demo for some reason.
                Peter凸(¬‿¬)凸, Feb 8, 2014 Last edited by Peter凸(¬‿¬)凸, Feb 8, 2014