Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_cbble_tredux_v1a fence

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Meltdown™, Jul 24, 2014

1. Feb 25, 2014
    Ok, just to make this map a little fairer for the zombies, could we remove this fence I think humans can easily hold the roof without it, otherwise masses zombies will never be properly able to get trough there.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nov 20, 2013
      @Meltdown™ humans have often been defeated on the roof, in my opinion should stay just as it is, to me is not necessary to remove it because I died on the roof at the hands of zombies
    • Feb 27, 2012
      I could make the fence smaller. I also have been meaning to make it easier to get up onto the Red Crate. Because if you're not a donator, you have to jump onto the box, to the fenced in area, then to the red crate. I do agree though, i rarely see humans fail that spot, and if they do fail it, it's just because nobody was paying attention. If everyone is paying attention, it can be too easily held.
    • Feb 25, 2014
      Exactly, and it is a death-trap it's not like you can just pass by it with 3 people shooting you, and if you got +5 zombies there they block each other because it is impossible to line up properly with all the humans shooting.

I'm allot of time's on the roof and I barely see it fail and even without the fence or a small fence I think it will be hard, making it nearly impossible kills the fun and people just give up to fast.

PS I even see humans hold it when they get attacked from 2 sides, if humans are paying attention and know how to aim.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Oct 11, 2013
        I disagree. I see the roof fail many times, but just like any other map, if you have enough people you'll win. Don't punish the map for teamwork. If zombies are good they'll strafe jump around the other side, once you're shooting both sides it's only a matter of time before you're taken down.

I would agree with making it easier to get on the red crate. This would allow more zombies to get on the roof to help overpower the humans.

Since we're discussing this map, I'd like to bring up the cade area with the breakable wall. Once set up properly with 2+ people it's nearly impossible to get into (which is the point of a cade, but seems heavily OP). My suggestion would be to make the breakable wall not a crouch area to allow a zombie train. Even so I'm not sure this would make a big difference with the heavy cabinet wedged in the right spot.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        This is probably the path i will take then. It definitely needs to be easier, and with it being easier, it will probably make it more balanced. I'll probably make an update with that. And if it's still too OP, i may make other changes. I also have to fix the secret (people still get stuck in there sometimes, i probably dun goof't somewhere)

To my knowledge, it just needs a lot of zombies saying "Press E and W at the same time!" and you break right through the bookshelf. Perhaps the next time the map is on, you show me how it becomes too OP? Because i've failed with up to 4 or 5 people before. I won't make an update until this is clarified.
      • Feb 25, 2014
        I think what they mean is what make it fail is when there is a zombie spawn somewhere on the roof, IF not then it is nearly impossible to fail, unless people really don't know how to shoot.

I think if you take out the spawns on the roof, and the most idiotic fails when people block each other, the win rate will be much and much higher.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        There are no spawn points on the roof. There is only 1 way to teleport up there, and that's via the Cactus Gun secret. I can't remember if i filtered it to be CT only. So, if nobody has grabbed the gun, then watch out out for a teleported zombie! They will teleport right beside the cage, btw, and nowhere else. For reference, all of the green blocks are spawn points. I've been told there is a glitch with people holding that fence room though. If a zombie is stuck in the cade, receives a lot of Headshots, and then becomes unstuck, he goes flying up onto the roof. This is a game bug, and not my map. It's a common bug that can be performed in any map with non-glitchable props.

I plan on making other spots a little better as well that way they are more usable, which will (hopefully) shy players from going to the same 4 spots every round. The map is pretty balanced as it is, but the roof is probably the most unbalanced spot right now.
      • Feb 25, 2014
        I meant when the zombie spawns among the humans
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Jun 29, 2014
          only time the roof fails is if someone spawns as a zombie and tags everyone up , it rarely ever fails , i agree with the fence being made smaller , i have seen plenty of zombies on the roof and with humans on both sides its nearly impossible to slip by the fence when everyone is trying to.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          I'm just going to make being able to get to the roof much easier. That's the only thing preventing a good zombie train.
        • Jun 29, 2014
          Agree! , i rarely go to the roof as im usually down in the fence cade watching things un-fold
        • Feb 27, 2012
          I mean, it's either that, or i make it so players can't shoot down off of the roof, which will also help prevent cade breaking (won't stop nades, though)
        • Jun 29, 2014
          i think nades are more of the problem then people shooting the cade , when im in there and people shoot it i tell them to stop and they usually do , but when zombies are lined up outside of the cade and someone on roof has a nade you know what that means , back to the crate thing if it was easier to get up it that would be good , always a cluster fuck trying to get up there.
        • Jan 25, 2014
          As tony said i think if you made the fence smaller it would help to balance it or add another way up just as building up some boxes in a corner
        • Mar 8, 2013
          what makes the spot OP is that most regulars have an unspoken pact not to backstab eachother. there's a lot of room up there to spread out and form groups where you can almost guarantee that the initial infection doesn't spread.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 25, 2014
            Agreed, but this goes for more maps and i can quite understand why. The main reason i asked for this change was because people gived p so fast and then the rounds get dull for both side these are reasons for people to leave the server why waste you're time on something you find dull. We regulars can look beyond one round but it has a big negative impact on new players and people who play once in a while or maybe just 30 minuts a day.
          • Mar 4, 2014
            Bomber, people only stop because you are an admin.....when no admin is on....all hell breaks loose~ XD

Also, for the room with breakable walls.....its impossible to get in when set up right.....
            I've only seen the shelves gets pushed off once because the humans are not paying attention.
          • Feb 27, 2012
            I've seen it fail many times, and have fallen victim to it failing. All it needs is a little teamwork and you'll get right in there.
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • May 12, 2007
              i say keep the fence, if too many humans climb there one is bound to become a zombie, otherwise its not a perfect hold, like many on here have said before we have seen plenty fails on the roof.