Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal zm_church_of_faith_b1a_pf - satellite w/ riot shield

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Aprz, Jun 3, 2014

1. Mar 26, 2012
      Emily, Jun 3, 2014 Last edited by Aprz, Jun 3, 2014
    • May 29, 2012
      You could aboose alot of spots with that shield. So actually we need to remove the map from rotation.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Mar 26, 2012
        The only other spot I can think of where I think it's impossible to get to players at using the riot shield is here.

[IMG]

I cannot think of any other spot.

I don't think the map needs to be removed from rotation.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Those were the conclusions on both. I guess it could be listed with the title "Top Of Satellite With Sheild - Ledge Spot" or something because players don't really understand that it's bad.
        Post Merged, Jun 3, 2014
        Also, a simple 2 zombie train can get past that. When the 2 zombies push together, it's like the push doesn't even exist. At least, that's what it looked when when i was killed there numerous times with the sheild. You also get within stabbing distance before you are able to touch the push trigger. You just have to time your stab right.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jun 4, 2012
          i can kinda see the satellite but u can get past the shield on the satellite but i agree with tony on the second spot zombies have gotten me with the shield in there.
        • Nov 29, 2012
          On the satellite spot I always run around the top in circles and run after zombies to sling them off if I see them, does that count as illegal or? I can understand griefing the teleporter spot. But even standing, if enough zombies go through you can get easily stabbed. happens to me multiple times. But generally I just run around so zombies have a fair chance and try to push them off before I get stabbed.

Also another alternative instead of making the spots illegal with the shield, could just remove the shield from the map. Though I wouldn't personally want it removed because it's fun if you use it right. :razz:
        • Feb 27, 2012
          No, just standing right where the teleport location is illegal.
          There is a spot that humans can stand to easily launch zombies off without them even getting a chance. I remember Rampage used to do it all the time when i made that thread originally.
        • Nov 29, 2012
          ^ I must of stand in the wrong spot then. xD and okay, glad the whole satellite won't be illegal with the shield at least. :smile:
        • May 31, 2012
          ^ I've failed in that spot.

I totally agree with Aprz, but I am having concerns with how players might be reporting it such as Rayne's situation, or how players might be confused by the rule; it should probably say Satellite Teleport to narrow it down so that they don't think the entire Satellite is illegal. It also sucks that the pictures don't always work.
        • Feb 3, 2012
          I believe this was resolved a while back however it wasn't brought to attention publicly. I've been told to enforce against humans using the riot shield on the satellite.
        • Apr 24, 2012
          I thought the satellite spot with the shield was already illegal. I have been enforcing that every time I see someone doing that.
        • Mar 26, 2012
          It is illegal, but I am recommending it be listed in !illegal. Wasn't sure about the second spot, and apparently it shouldn't be illegal. That was the only other spot that I could think of.

I would just use my picture for the illegal picture. Name it satellite teleported with riot shield, or something like that. Highlight the teleported spot red.
        • Feb 25, 2014
          I think the church should be considered !illegal
        • May 31, 2012
          I'm glad this was brought up though. I was not enforcing this rule and I even tried it a few times, believing that it was legal.

In the previous thread, even though Momo said:

[IMG]

The spot was marked 'Legal' and so I never even bothered to read through the entire thread:

[IMG]

The second time, it was never even marked and it looked like the discussion fizzled off besides Momo saying he felt disappointed; but still, it was never conclusively marked 'Illegal' and so it is up to each individual to guess or interpret.

I really think it would be a good idea to add this to !illegal so that people don't have to do super-searches like Aprz does, or to look for an LSA every single time. I'm pretty sure players wont ask admins until they've already been warned/kicked, or what happens when there is no admin on to enforce it and the rule isn't posted?
        • Feb 27, 2012
          I went through every illegal spot thread and tagged them appropriately. I just tagged it as Legal since it wasn't added to the Wiki page. I could mark it as illegal and you could just refer people to that thread/this thread.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          I'm a little late here, but i marked the threads as Illegal. If players cause a stink about this spot, refer them to this thread as it is not officially listed on the illegal spots Wiki.
          • Like Like x 2