Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_citylife_V2b

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by M_Infantry, May 19, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 6, 2011
    I know this is a cade spot, and we usually don't make them illegal. Was wondering if there is anyway to update the map for this spot, in any future updates, as we have done with the previous glass ledges.

Such as making the bookcase lower, or the doorway larger, so the zombies can slide through. As I played this map often, it has been a thorn in many I am sure pro players (not saying I am one, pls be noted).

Once the cade is set, even by less experienced players such as from the picture, it makes it impossible to break the cade down, and glitching into it is not possible. Going through the gap, not possible also as there is no room to fit.

You can have a zombie hordes of them pushing on them, and believe me, the cade just stays. The only way to make a kill is someone in there got stupid, by shooting the cade, or got too close to a zombie.

2. Oct 10, 2010
    this cannot change more zombiefriendly,
    the only way is remove the vending machine
    (this will make the spot useless) or the complete spot.
  3. May 6, 2011
    Maybe just take out the bookcase, the vending machine in and add more vendi. Is that possible?
  4. Oct 10, 2010
    sure, but what will this change?
    the bookcase has actually no vphysics...
  5. May 6, 2011
    That is why you are the super MAP person for everyone to go to. :thumbsup:

Forget the vend and bookcase, cause I have no idea about the vphysics and etc.

How about a window or two, to the side of the wall? Allowing mutiple crouch entries aside from the doorway? :sweat:

Is that possible and easier to do?
  6. Oct 10, 2010
    yep, this is possible as soon my Hammer will work again

btw ..

no vphysics means you can walk trough it like trough air.
  7. May 6, 2011
    Geez ur quick at replying,
    Question about vphysics, cause I can not walk through the bookcase on that map from that room. Is the no vphysics apply to all bookcases on any map? or it applies to certain bookcase object only?
    (But, :grin: , I could be just confusing the issue more.)
  8. Oct 10, 2010
    its only this one on your pic..

other words: it is NOT solid
  9. Dec 7, 2010
    Even though there is an image of a bookcase, you can freely though like a wide doorway. Yes, you can place vending machines there to create a barricade but you'd be better off building a barricade at the door as it will only be half as wide as the bookcase. The original goal for the mapper was to provide a hidden entry hiding place for someone. But if everyone knows there is a passageway there, you'd be better off barricading the door.
  10. May 6, 2011
    So there is a hidden passage way there? Really?

Harvey I haven't seen you playing this map yet (but since you play so much, surely you tried that spot), but, no one, I mean no one, not Google, not Yahoo, Dilinger, or anyone (myself too) can glitch through that cade just like that. And, honestly, the bookcase can't walk through them.
  11. Apr 14, 2011
    I might know the hidden way but wasn't that to get even inside deeper rather than approach into there? I mean I thought there's only one way to get in there which is showing on the picture.
  12. Apr 23, 2011
    I too agree that the room is very overpowered with a decent barricade built.
    I think a simple solution would be to make the two glass windows in that room breakable.
  13. Jul 20, 2010
    Ugh this again about taking props out of maps because they make cheap spots when built. It takes time to build a cade and you have to know how to setup it up. Are we going to do this anytime someone makes a super cade? I mean come on just play the damn game and stop QQing about spots that take time to make. Let's not become World of Warcraft now guys.
  14. Jul 14, 2010
    I see moonlight and harvey i think are confused. He is talking about the room where you shoot the book case into the doorway standing up and you can jump over it or push it over and it is extremely hard for zombies to get through it. it is a prop spot and really cheap but idk what you would want to do with it. He is not talking about the secret bookcase spot. It does get rushed a lot and sometimes people turn in there but since it's a prop spot i have no problem with it.
  15. May 11, 2011
    I think using the props are fine even if its overpowered a bit (One person, a newbie even, can hold it off with all those soda cans behind the bookcase without struggling one bit).
    I do like Jzx's suggestion to make at least one of the windows breakable so that the one person struggles to hold off the cade. Otherwise, it's a backstab spot just like all those other spots people go to where you just keep shooting the cade and zombies will never get in.
  16. Oct 10, 2010
    lol, fail,
    i see now what spot you mean ...

i guess this shelf is physics_overide - means
    you cannot glitch trough it at all.

can changed to physics_mutuplayer, where you can glitch with e key
  17. Jul 20, 2010
    I would say leave it as it is. I for one like maps where you can't glitch through cades. It rewards people that know how to build good cades. Like someone else said people all try to go to that spot. So it will just end up in back stabbing about half the time. There plenty of other places to cade. Just play it and make a good cade, don't try to change things because someone made a good one you can't break imo.
  18. Dec 7, 2010
    The confusion here is that we are all referencing the image posted by M Infantry thinking that it is of a secret passage into the bookcase. In reality the discussion is regarding the placement of a solid bookcase as a barricade against a doorway. Yes, I agree that placing the bookcase and other props against the door makes it extremely difficult for zombies to get in. I've personally seen a few successes but it took over a dozen zombies to do it, but once again it is a barricaded spot and cheap as it may be it is still legal.

Thanks to everyone for the clarification and as this location is legal, this thread will now be closed. :locked:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.