Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_colossus

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Satin Storm, Nov 2, 2013

1. Mar 8, 2013
    hi, I'm back with another map for you all to complain about. I wanted to make something colourful, with great freedom of movement. something inspired by early 3D platformers. so here it is...

zm_colossus_v1_0
    DOWNLOAD: https://mega.co.nz/#!8FIGHTLY!Lq0Uekfj_hyU09S4r8aLUDYKe8snf2Sm9PyPAPfcTUg

[IMG]

the design is fairly straight-forward. however, there are some things you should know to get the most out of the map.
    • all players spawn outside, on the bottom floor.
    • there is a central lift that pushes people up to the top floor.
    • the lift is disabled for zombies after 1 minute has passed (humans, on the other hand, can always use the lift).
    • zombies must make their way to the top floor through other means and press the button to re-enable the lift.
    • only zombies can press the button. if a human tries to activate it, nothing will happen, other than mild electrocution.
    • humans should defend this button for as long as possible. as soon as it's pressed, zombies will have quick and easy access to every floor, rendering any strategic choke points useless.
    • there are no secrets in this map. what you see is what you get.
    • some ledge spots may appear overpowered or unfair at first glance. as a zombie, consider if/how they can be reached by bunnyhopping on sloped surfaces.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 3
    • Feb 24, 2011
      I like the shiny shiny brighty colors, too bad i almost never play ZM. :dontknow:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 11, 2012
        I'm kinda in the same boat atm. My drive for ZM has been super low these past months.

I as well like the colors in this map,

I also like this point: Humans should defend this button for as long as possible. as soon as it's pressed, zombies will have quick and easy access to every floor, rendering any strategic choke points useless.
      • Feb 3, 2012
        It looks good to me. I'll be looking forward to playing it. :thumbsup:
      • May 31, 2012
        I don't like how the infinity illusion turned out, I thought you'd try to go for an infinite sea reflecting the skybox. The contrast makes me feel woozy bodda pooda.

You already know I like the rest of it, though.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Making water work since one of the past updates has been impossible... Always wants to render water cheap at stupid angles even if you have it set to never do it. Unless there is something i'm doing wrong, but i talked with you about it in plaguechat once, and couldn't figure out what it was.
      • Mar 8, 2013
        I went for ugly water because I was getting rendering glitches with the pretty, reflective ones.
      • Apr 24, 2012
        Looks good Satin. Cant wait to try it out, I've been waiting for a nice texture zm map:dance: :thumbsup:
      • May 31, 2012
        I must be the lucky-tucky one that doesn't have -many- issues with my water. Oh-welly-belly.

(were the glitches related to being on the top and seeing the water do odd stuff? That's normal - 3Dsky water is cheap if expensive water is not being rendered at the same time)

EDIT: You could have also edited the .vmt so the water had white 'fog'/fadething instead of black... It'd have been a bit more fitting.
      • Mar 8, 2013
        whenever I'd look up towards the sky, I'd get the "hall of mirrors" nodraw effect on the water. I don't know if it's because of the relative position of the sky_camera to the water surface or what, but I couldn't be bothered to figure it out. it's probably still happening with this water, it's just that it's not noticeable because it's all dark.
      • Nov 29, 2012
        This looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun, can't wait to play on it. well done
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Dec 27, 2012
          This map looks very different from the other ZM maps that we currently have, and I like that because it stands out a lot in a good way. Looks very appealing, can't wait to play this.
          A job well done, Satin!:smile:
        • Feb 27, 2012
          I thought i saw that a couple times when i came out of the building, so i think it does sometimes at certain angles.

What would be the exact line to add to the vmt? I'm doing another update of zm_surf probably, so that would be a nice thing to add/fix.
        • May 31, 2012
          Eh, you'd need to change all the color fieldyfields...

I have this sample .vmt which I used in the map I'm doing for Luff's event thing...
          Code:
          "Water"
          {

"$abovewater" 1
          	"%compilewater" 1
          	"$forceexpensive" 1
          	"$reflectentities" 1
          	"$envmap" "env_cubemap"
          	"%tooltexture" "ze_iamnotatextureiamawomanwithaheartofmyown/water"
          	"$refracttexture" "_rt_WaterRefraction"
          	"$refractamount" "0.5"

"$reflecttexture" "_rt_WaterReflection"
          	"$reflectamount" "0.5"

"$scale" "[1 1]"

"$bumpmap" "ze_iwonderwonderifmybreathsmellslikethunder/waterduvd"
          	"$normalmap" "ze_ireallylikefriedsweetpotato/waternorm"

"$surfaceprop" "water"
          	"$bottommaterial" "ze_you'renotgettingthename/water_beneath"
          	"$bumpframe" "0"

"$fogenable" 1
          	"$fogcolor" "{10 10 25}"
          	"$fogstart" 100.00
          	"$fogend" 500.00

"$scroll1" "[.0001 .01 .01]"
          	"$scroll2" "[-.01 .01.01]"

"Proxies"
          	{
          		"TextureScroll"
          		{
          			"texturescrollvar" "$bumptransform"
          			"texturescrollrate" .00001
          			"texturescrollangle" 70.00
          		}
          		"WaterLOD"
          		{
          		}

}

}
          EDIT: I am fucktarded. It's probably:

"$fogcolor" "{10 10 25}"
          "$fogstart" 100.00
          "$fogend" 500.00

(adjust to your liking)
          • Like Like x 1
          • Sep 1, 2013
            I think this is a good map and I like the modern update where the water rises, kinda random but it gives zombies a chance
            Post Merged, Mar 2, 2014
            just figured id give my opinion since the update lol and better late than never haha
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 27, 2012
              I agree with molly, the new version is really cool.
            • Feb 3, 2012
              I love the flood secret as well, makes the map more enjoyable.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Mar 24, 2014
                I love it ! I'm going to be starting to learn mapping pretty soon. I just gotta get the programs and some tutorials and i'll be on my way !
                • Like Like x 1
                • Dec 11, 2013
                  Nice man, i very excited about the map you made :wink: FULLY SUPPORT U !!!!!! GOGOGO~
                • Nov 5, 2013
                  not too bad i have played this map and its pretty good honestly good color choices too:razz: