Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_d64l00

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by GiGaBiTe, Dec 1, 2016

1. Mar 26, 2009
    Been working on this map off and on for several years. It was originally going to be as near a 1:1 port of the Duke 64 Hollywood Holocaust. I soon learned that was going to be impossible due to it making liberal use of a Build engine feature called "Room over Room" in which various parts of the level can occupy the same space as long as the player can't see said parts of the level at the same time.

The outside area of the level is pretty much a direct port with some stuff added, the inside of the level deviates a bit. The inside of the level is not finished, as aren't a few secret areas. This map is an alpha so treat it as such.

Download:

A1
    http://number-7.com/index.php?dir=source/counter-strike:source/zombie mod/d/&file=zm_d64l00_a1.7z
    A2
    http://number-7.com/index.php?dir=source/counter-strike:source/zombie mod/d/&file=zm_d64l00_a2.7z
    A3
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/y69uu4m512o6luc/zm_d64l00_a3(2).zip
    A4
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cslxreq9z757fws/zm_d64l00_a4.zip?dl=0

[IMG]

Only a CT spawn is available.

To use the jetpack, drop your secondary and pick up the elites. You'll then need to use alt fire on your knife, or a weapon with a secondary fire (m4a1, awp, sg550, etc) and hold it down. It takes some used to getting to without falling to your death.
    • Like Like x 2
      GiGaBiTe, Dec 1, 2016 Last edited by GiGaBiTe, Jan 20, 2017
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Mar 26, 2009
      [IMG]
      [IMG]
    • Aug 6, 2016
      Really liking the textures hope you put some more photos up soon. :grin:
    • Aug 8, 2010
    • Mar 26, 2009
      New version available in first post. zm_d64l00_a2 is probably 99% done, only lacking some details and debugging.

It's now fully playable and has 64 spawn points with buy zones.
    • Aug 8, 2010
    • Mar 26, 2012
      We have Duke Nuke 'Em map that looks pretty similar. Same setting? Like it has a theater with a hole in the middle of the screen. I am guessing it is the same setting. I guess we'll have to see who makes the better version, lol.

[IMG]

[IMG]
      Ugh, how did I mess up editing the image by leaving a thick white line at the bottom? I am too lazy to re edit and upload again.

See the similarities?
      • Agree Agree x 1
        Emily, Dec 27, 2016 Last edited by Emily, Dec 27, 2016
      • Mar 26, 2009
        Huh? My map looks nothing like Tony's map. Mine is based on the Duke 64 version of Hollywood Holocaust, no idea what his is based on.

The point is different version.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This area isn't even in his map.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 26, 2012
          I wasn't trying to imply or say they were the same. They are just similar in layout likely due to being the same game. I imagine there will be a lot of difference in looks and maybe extra rooms or missing rooms. I just thought the layout looked very similar in regard to the hole in the movie theater and the view point from the spiraling stairs.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            duke nukem 3d, as it says in the map name.
            • Like Like x 2
            • Feb 1, 2011
              looks pretty tight though, gotta say.
              • Funny Funny x 2
              • Like Like x 1
              • Mar 26, 2009
                I always thought it looked more like the Sega Saturn version:

• Oct 29, 2010
                Can't even break a fire hydrant in Tony's version, complete trash.
                • Agree Agree x 3
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Zing! Zing! x 1
                • Feb 27, 2012

Why make something original when you can just redo something someone else has done? Who needs variety of maps when you can just have 15 renditions of the same map!
                • Mar 26, 2009
                  Yeah tony, why did you remake Hollywood Holocaust when someone already made it before you on HL2DM? It doesn't make sense to have another rendition of the map! In fact, wasn't that version on the server a long time ago?

Also, I started on this map about 8 years ago, 5 years before you released yours so technically two remakes came before yours. I take long breaks and have several projects going in tandem so I don't release maps as quickly as most mappers only working on a single map.

Stay salty tony, you don't have an exclusivity license on releasing remakes from specific games.
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Mar 26, 2009

Monitors fade out via relative distance:
                    [IMG]

And fade in when close:
                    [IMG]

There will be 6 cameras and four monitors. To control what camera the monitor is showing, use the screen and press left or right. To stop browsing, look away from the screen and press use again. Unfortunately due to limitations of the Source engine, all monitor screens have to be shared so only one person can browse the cameras at once and the screens will all show the same camera.
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
                    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
                    • Jan 25, 2014
                      Id love to test it out. Any idea when you plan on doing so?

I would say the maps have similar aspects such as panic maps do but I believe a lot of people like the duke map so I don't think one would need to be replaced over the other.
                    • Feb 27, 2012
                      They both are kind of different. Each of our maps come from different versions of Duke Nukem. Gigabite and myself also have different styles for design in terms of gameplay. This wont be like lila panic reskins in any way. Im sure both can be on rotation without an issue.
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Aug 6, 2016
                        I'm just waiting for the invitation to test this map out. :grin: