Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_d64l00

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by GiGaBiTe, Dec 1, 2016

1. Mar 26, 2009
    There are still a few problems I need to sort out, one being jetpack placement. Right now as a debug, there is a jetpack spawner at spawn where you can spawn infinite jetpacks, but this obviously won't work in an active server without being abused. I might change it to something you walk into to avoid spam. I'm also working on a different jetpack mechanic because the current one is a bit too unfair. I'm going to try making a toggleable jetpack with limited fuel so the map isn't full of flying zombies.

I don't want Tony's map to be replaced, his map is fun in its own way.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jan 25, 2014
      Its just 2 peoples different mapping styles for a similar concept is what I was getting at with the panic comparison.

Lila panic beach plays way different than lila panic.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Mar 26, 2009
        • Apr 9, 2007
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Mar 26, 2009

Changes:
            - Limited number of jetpacks allowed to 20, with an additional 20 being available 60 seconds after the spawner is initially exhausted for zombies.
            - Fixed jetpacks leaking entities.
            - Jetpacks are now removed from the world after their fuel runs out.
            - Removed exploding bullets from mounted gun and replaced with normal bullets.
            - Removed/replaced various props with generic alternatives to reduce map file size.
            - Reduced sample rate of music to lower file size.
            - Changed some textures to reduce file size.
            - Added stock room under theater seating.

Download:
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/cslxreq9z757fws/zm_d64l00_a4.zip?dl=0
          • Mar 26, 2009
            Remaking some of the DNF models due to them being horrifically broken (arbitrary angles, broken textures, broken VMTs and spaces in paths cause packbsp to vomit.)

[IMG]
            [IMG]
            • Like Like x 1
            • Feb 25, 2014
              Why make versions of maps which are good? I do say make new maps instead of making remaking great maps with versions which are not as good as the first version
            • Jan 25, 2014
              This wasn't a remake per say 2 very similar concepts done by 2 different mappers = 2 very different play styles in the maps
            • Feb 25, 2014
              It looked like duke to me, but in a very LSD way
            • Jan 25, 2014
              same concept of duke done in 2 different ways.

I dig the helipacks for sure.
            • Mar 26, 2009
              Go play Duke Nukem 64 before making ignorant comments.

Seek medical attention.
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Feb 25, 2014
              • Mar 26, 2009
                I can send you some distilled water for your burns if you need it :wave:
              • Feb 27, 2012
                Any chance you can animate the screens? I believe the pack i used for duke3d was supposed to be, but as you said, stupidly broken.

My version is based off of Duke Nukem 3D, his is off of Duke Nukem 64. Very similar maps, but a ton of differences. Maybe some day i'll get around to making the rocket launcher actually fire on my version, and make the steroids do something...
              • Mar 26, 2009
                If you want to update your map, I could probably remake all of the models that you use in the map. I don't know if you remember how annoying it was to place them since the models were at weird angles.

As for animating the screens, I can make skin numbers that have animated textures on the screen if you want. I was planning on making both the Duke 3D arcade and the Pimpslap arcade have all of the available screen textures so there was more variety.

I was planning on making a "Vitamin X" skin for the steroids bottle (it's what Duke 64 censored steroids to) and using it in zm_dukeburger. If I get around to it before you do, I'll send you the prefab for it.
              • Mar 26, 2009
                The airhockey table was a pain in the arse, but it's done now:

[IMG]

And it has a non-garbage collision model:

[IMG]
                • Like Like x 1