Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_desert_fortress_pf_ks

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Kosuki, Apr 18, 2012

1. Apr 14, 2011
    ^^^Replace^^^

zm_desert_fortress_pf_ks

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feb 11, 2012
      What you changed? Looks same as original v2
    • Oct 17, 2011
      What da fuck? I already edited the map and fixed the illegal spots
    • Apr 14, 2011
      A few ladders were broken, optimization issues, and other stuff were fixed.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Eh I did not optimize or touch anything in the map. I just retextured walls and fixed illegal spots but gj anyways.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      1) Mario, your edited version of the map blew.
      2) The textures were awful and so were the colors.
      3) The ladders were broken and made playing the game was painful.
      4) Kosuki's version is better and has the original feel.
      5) The textures are back to original and all illegal spots are removed.
      6) The ladders work.
      7) And getting to the skybox now uses a teleporter instead of a switch.

This to me is a fresh breath of air. Please don't hate on someone who is trying to help out the PF community by using his skills. I approve this map. :thumbsup:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 14, 2011

[IMG]
      • titty
        This message by titty has been removed from public view. Deleted by [T_T], Apr 18, 2012.
        Apr 18, 2012
      • Feb 11, 2012
        Ok, but why you would change v2 to v3 without significant changes?
      • Apr 14, 2011
        read sajaks reply his is more accurate, i used v2 because v3 had to many errors to fix, the v2 map would be easier to edit with all errors fixed in less time. To fix the v3 version would had been... well harder
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Significant? I call broken ladders that kill humans when they try to use them to be significant enough to require an edit. Revision 3, which is a product of Mario's editing, is filled with problematic areas; so much so that it was easier to redo changes from Revision 2 then to work with Revision 3.

Personally, I don't see what the fuss is about. People have complained about the map and it's one of the main reasons why the map doesn't get nominated as often as Revision 2 used to. Now that the original feel is back, the props work correctly, and the unaesthetic textures gone, this map is ready to be playable again. I strongly urge @retslag1 or @Haplo to consider Kosuki's version to be uploaded and Mario's v3, removed.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • May 5, 2011
          Amazing map, way better then the other versions, and its nicer to play on. Glad the illegal spots are removed ^^ Awesome job kouski love it
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 21, 2007
            i'll test it. would help if maps ppl wanted added or testing would also be in the suggestion thread, as that is the only thread i regularly check for map suggestions
          • Oct 17, 2011
            Well sajak just to let you know I did not touch the ladders when I edited the map, so do not think it was my fault
          • Jul 28, 2011
            Decompilers tend to do that to ladders :/
          • Nov 11, 2011
            I'm just stating what I observed. Ultimately, the product you put out under your name, will get attributed to your name. Just as GRUDGE's maps... exhibit, playtime, etc etc. So many great maps!! :grin:
          • Dec 7, 2010
            Just a few glitches I've identified during a cursory review of the revisions:

Crouch Spot:
            aa1

Secret Door Broken:
            aa2

Secret Door Button Not Working:
            aa3

Thanks for the effort!
          • retslag1
            This message by retslag1 has been removed from public view. Deleted by retslag1, Apr 24, 2012.
            Apr 24, 2012
          • Apr 14, 2011
            Secret door is not broken the button was moved a few ft, and the crouch spot, sajak told me it wasn't one that he knew of, I can fix that fast though
          • Nov 11, 2011
            Negative. I said I was not aware of the red crate crouch spot in mario's version. I only read of Tater's (I believe) forum post where it was mentioned once for the v2 one. I was not aware of any other illegal spots besides the one I told you about. I also recommended leaving the map original but you wanted to change it up (the secret button). But definitely, if you can, re-edit with Harvey's input. It is still a hundred times better then the one we have on the server right now.
          • Apr 14, 2011
          • Dec 7, 2010
            Okay, so what you are saying that this version isn't a simple fix of illegal or non-working spots but an functional change of its operation.