Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_desert_fortress_v2

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by M_Infantry, Feb 17, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 6, 2011

On top of the roof, don't think it will be played often. It takes another person to boost someone up there, from the top of the fence. The booster needs to jump while the other person tries to reach the roof. Don't know if people can make that hop without a donator/admin jump.

Thus the reason for making this thread, due to possible inaccessibly without a boosted jump. But, its just not easy to get onto the roof, as you can be easily picked off as a zombie.

Take a look and comment.

[IMG]
  2. M_Infantry
    This message by M_Infantry has been removed from public view. Deleted by M_Infantry, Feb 17, 2012, Reason: wrong edit.
    Feb 17, 2012
  3. Feb 12, 2012
    I think this map should just be removed all together. It's a hassle to have so many illegal spots. Previous game, I had to kick 4 people after several warnings, slaps, and freezes.
  4. Nov 2, 2011
    This is a fun map. And i agree, that spot should be illegal.
  5. Mar 12, 2008

There are far more spots that are illegal and should be removed.

There's a teleporter secret that goes up there.

People stand too close to the edge too and get cut from below too.

EDIT: Here's a video detailing the spots. If you hate dubstep, mute the volume.
  6. Dec 7, 2010
    I personally feel that this rooftop may be really cheap but not necessarily illegal. Lets get some additional feedback before any decision is made.
  7. Oct 29, 2010

Noodles, don't let one experience dictate your entire attitude. NEVER has I seen five people all disobey admin warnings, until that day.
  8. Feb 12, 2012
    I completely agree with you, its just that when a map has a handful of illegal spots and on a server rotation that has up to 60+ people on it, it gets hectic.
  9. Mar 12, 2008

I agree, it should get sent back to hammer, if we keep it on rotation. With this many illegal spots, it was too much to keep track of.

Off topic, since when has freeze had a 5 second duration? Unless other people were freezing besides me. But it wears off now, I suppose?

Edit: going to try tagging on my mobile to see if it works... @Brian @Kyle @Ray @Haplo

Edit2: Fuckyeah.jpg
  10. Feb 12, 2012
    It's 10 seconds, I timed it a few games ago. Not sure how it was 5 seconds before (even though I clearly saw them freeze for 5 seconds lol)
  11. May 15, 2011
    Once you guys come to a consensus on what's illegal, just tell me and I'll contact the original mapper and see what we can work out for an edit.
  12. Aug 1, 2011
    This map only has 4 illegal spots. It's nothing extraordinary, in fact there are other maps with the same number or more illegal spots. It takes 2 seconds to warn someone, and within 10 seconds you can tell if they intend to leave that spot or not, in which case you go to the next step.
  13. May 15, 2011
    It would still be nice if all maps were edited to have no illegal spots. That would make your job so much easier no? ^^
  14. Aug 1, 2011
    It would make things easier, but finding people willing to spend the time to edit maps isn't.

Here is a list of maps with 4+ illegal spots on them. Should we get rid of them too? Hell, some have as many as 8 illegal spots.
    zm_AnotherUglyZMap_v1e
    zm_biology_v2
    zm_black_lion_macd_v8
    zm_crazycity
    zm_desert_fortress_v2
    zm_firewall
    zm_firewall_samarkand
    zm_fortress_b7
    zm_industry_v2
    ZM_Krusty_krab_a2
    zm_lila_panic_beach_2
    zm_lila_panic_isethen
    zm_novum_v3_JDfix
    zm_roflicious_pfcf2
    zm_roy_highway
    zm_tx_highschool_zkedit_v2
    zm_wtfhax_v6

The problem with many zm maps is the fact that they are made with the idea that players will reload. Maps like desert fortress have been around for almost as long as ZM and were made with only zm reload in mind.
  15. Feb 12, 2012
    My proposal: Room with invisible entrance, be made into normal room.

Crates: Rotate to stand, allowing no crouch spot.

That's about it...
  16. Mar 12, 2008
    @devious it takes only a simple clip brush to fix a crouch spot entrance, like the red crate on desert fortress.

Given that the map has to be recompiled each time its taken into hammer, if i had the ability to edit them myself, i would.

I understand your points, and know that where there's a will, theres a way. Regardless if we eliminate all spots, someone will eventually find a way around it.
  17. Dec 7, 2010
    Since this thread is getting off topic I am going to lock it and rule that the indicated roof although cheap is legal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.