Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_desert_fortress_v4

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Jul 30, 2013

1. Feb 27, 2012
    Okay, so i never really liked the v3_fix version of desert fortress. It did fix the illegal spots, which was nice, but the textures that Mario replaced them with look awful. Also, half of the ladders are broken, which really sucks when trying to do some parkour or just trying to get around the map. So, while i was at my moms house a few weeks ago, i was really bored and decided to re-texture it with default CS:S textures, replace some brush work with models, and fix the ladders. Earlier dillinger was asking someone to fix the ladders, and i told him i am working on a fixed version, so for the next couple days i'm going to be working on getting this done. I did NOT do this from scratch. I know it's bad to do that as you always break some stuff when decompiling, but if i were to make it from scratch, things would be not exactly where they were, and usually people don't like that. The map is pretty badly made to begin with (being 1 unit textures, nothing no-drawed, and things off grid) so if i did it from scratch and put everything on grid and into a power of 2, it would feel different.

Here's a few screenshots of what i've done, so far. Also, yes there will be missing textures. I'm using default CS:S textures to make the map smaller (hopefully) and seeing how well i can do with default stuff.

Inside, lighting needs to be fixed everywhere. Looks like balls right now.
    [IMG]

Outside, wide view.
    [IMG]

The secret door.
    [IMG]

Model button, instead of a brush with a cheesy texture.
    [IMG]

Overview from the other side.
    [IMG]

Working ladder :O
    [IMG]

Another working ladder :O
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dec 27, 2012
      By the looks, this seems way better. Good job and keep at it.:thumbsup:
    • Nov 11, 2011
      DAMN IT TONY. I TAUGHT YOU TO REMAKE THINGS! LOL. But looks good.