Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_desertcity_5levels

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Super Mario, Aug 7, 2013

1. Oct 17, 2011
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/03ppkur86xrzojc/zm_desertcity_5levels.bsp
    I made a new WIP of the map because of lots of changes. The map is fully completed and was tested without crashing on
    my friend's server. This map is still WIP because i don't know if it will crash on pF or not but i'm fully positive that it won't. Also, the map isn't posted in public yet.
    I started working on this map last summer.

The following map contains five difficulties. To go to the next difficulty, a ct/cts must stay alive until the nuke triggers which is 5 minutes after the beginning of the round. Each level is completely different than the other. It will take time to learn how this map goes.

I also made this video that everyone must watch if you want to play this map. IT shows what each materia/material function has in the map. Sorry for the watermark :shame:

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9uuLqCh8wc

The following map features:
    1. Level 1:
    . Easy camping spots.
    . All physic props are not glitchy.

2. Level 2:
    . Harder spots.
    . Some physic props are glitchy and others are not.

3. Level 3:
    . Spots even get more hard.
    . All physic props are glitchy.

4. Level 4:
    . Hardest camping spots.
    . No physic props at all!!! (all rooms are empty and some entrances get wider).

Level 5(fun level):
    . Zombies get 60000 hp and an increased speed.
    . Materias (9 ct materias and 4 ct materias). They spawn at random in the map.
    . Spots remain the same as level 4. Some even get harder and others get back to level 1 spots.
    .There is a canon on top of the middle building.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I made some examples of how the level system works. I know it's a pain in the ass to scroll down but take your time if you want to learn this map.

1.First let's go with a room. Here it is in level 1:
    [IMG]
    Here's how it will be with no props in level 4:
    [IMG]
    In level 5, it's even harder:
    [IMG]

2. Money prop camping spot in level 1:
    [IMG]
    Level 2:
    [IMG]
    Level 3:
    [IMG]
    Level 4:
    [IMG]

3.Crate camping spot in level 1(so cheap):
    [IMG]
    Level 2:
    [IMG]
    Level 3:
    [IMG]
    Level 4:
    [IMG]
    Level 5, it will become cheap again :razz: but zms will have an increased speed, so it will be harder to cover.

Thanks to the following people who helped me on this map:
    .@Luffaren and @Kaemon mapping forum. They both gave me lots of tips and help. Luffaren always answerd my questions and kaemon mapping forum helped me got lots of threads that give you information about mapping and creating materias/materials.
    .@sajak for compiling my map.
    .FirewavezZ: Canon prefab.
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dec 27, 2012
      Here I thought I had decided to take a break from CS:S..ugh.
      I'd love to try this map out, looks awesome.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Man, that spot is so overpowered. You should remove one more money pallet for good measure.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Feb 8, 2013
        Nice of you to put all the admins of ZM Elites which most probably haven't even contributed to the map. Good work.
      • Jul 1, 2010
        Considering it's his map he can put anyone he wants to in :/ Why don't we keep group arguments out of this thread.
        • Like Like x 3
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Dec 27, 2012
          Nice of you to post a comment based on a guess that seems to be rather rude.
          EDIT: Forget what I said.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Nov 11, 2011
            He can place anyones name he wants to, what's it to you? Comment on the map, not start drama.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 27, 2012
              That looks pretty damn cool dude... Only thing that might get annoying is the zombie fire materia... kinda OP if you don't have the healer with you.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Feb 2, 2013
                Ahhh, so this is what you were talking about. Hmm, it looks very interesting, nice! Can't wait to test it out. :cute:
                • Like Like x 1
                • Oct 29, 2010
                  So if my understanding is correct, no materia till the final level? If so... :crying:
                • Oct 17, 2011
                  You can always noclip under the map and find the button room :razz: Otherwise, you can beat the first 4 levels, extend and keep playing lvl 5 over and over because it will stay once you reach it.
                • Nov 11, 2011
                • Oct 17, 2011
                  map was tested on pf and few bugs were found. I would really appreciate some feedback from ppl that can help me make this map more likeable.
                  As for my opinion, i think the map should contain 3 levels so the materia level can get played. Half ppl hated the map due to the size and gameplay of it and they still don't get the map.
                  Bugs that need to be fixed are the nuke, missing textures and level system.
                • Feb 27, 2012
                  1. On thing i don't like is how scaled up the textures are. It makes them too blurry, and ugly. Maybe scale them down to 0.25.
                  2. Make the props prop_physics / prop_physics_override... glitchable props suck :/
                  3. Your oranges crates are prop_physics instead of prop_static, players were getting stuck inside of it, including myself. Too heavy of a prop to be a physics prop
                  4. Change the that materia with the rediculous amount of lights like the p90 in Goldstar... it's an eyesore, it spins way too slow, and it gets in the way when trying to see.
                  5. You should be able to make the trigger for the next level to go off when CT's win... So it would be something like
                    On CT Win>Level +
                    On T Win>No level change

The nuke stuff is kind of annoying, since it just keeps slaying players so fast and for so long.

All in all, i think it's a really good map. Just some of the errors players pointed out and some of the tweaks i listed, and i think it will be a more liked map.
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • Mar 8, 2013
                    there are several places where you can fall down and get stuck. these actually make for pretty decent hiding spots, but not good gameplay.

also, the tall rock spots on opposite sides of the map are virtually impossible for zombies to reach when a human is up there, except on the last round where they can be cannoned.

the roof of the grain elevator tower seems pretty damn hard too if a human manages to boost up there using a vending machine.
                    • Informative Informative x 1
                    • Feb 19, 2011
                      I really liked the map, something different to play. I was just confused with the nukes at the end of each round. I forget on what round maybe two or three but I was a CT (fell into a hole and couldn't get out, but it kept me alive :grin:) and then the nuke blew up and I died and then it said terrorists won. I don't know why it did that since I survived the round. The 'thunder gun' I think its called in that big room with the three doors way, are missing textures and for some reason I couldn't get the gun to fire, but I do not know if I was using it incorrectly or not. It said "press key to fire gun", but I didn't know what "key" to fire the gun. I might of misread it, I don't know.
                    • Mar 12, 2008
                      It says that for the "materias" in the video too.

maybe it's like the gandalf on ZE's minas, and "key" means press "k-e-y" as a combo. That's a lot worse than just using E though.
                    • Oct 17, 2011
                      You can find what the key button is in your options. It's usually E for everyone but some people like to change it. That's why i put "key" button. Btw, that weapon is the thundergun. Does it show up in black and purple? Another question, did you see any particles on the map or were they not functioning?
                    • Mar 12, 2008
                      "use" would be easier/less confusing but w/e
                    • May 31, 2012
                      You don't need nukes, Mario. Force mp_roundtime 5 and in a logic_auto, after 300 seconds, trigger the levelchanges (maybe with a delay so that the level is changed just at the exact moment prior the round reset; you can count the seconds on the server/look up a cvar if there is). I haven't played zm on pF's servers, but I assume it works like everywhere else where when the time is up the humans win.
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1