Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal Zm_Desperados_a1

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by tallahassee, Aug 5, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 13, 2011
    http://www.plaguefest.com/harvey/illegalspots/ZM_desprerados_a1.html

Last spot on the list.

I've been doing some testing and this spot should not be illegal, because you can jump right into it. I've been jumping into everytime we go to this map just to make sure that I'm right about it.
  2. Dec 7, 2010
    Even though the last depicted hidden wall crouch spot requires a crouch entry, I like to get feedback from others with experience on this spot to determine if is an indefensible crouch entry or not.
  3. Jul 13, 2011
    Well since it's illegal I don't know if anyone has tested it, but in theory from watching a guy with a p90 in there for 30 seconds, he got the vendy in there and had it against the hole shooting out. I still think I can jump right in tho, and i'm the worst jumper ever.
  4. Jan 5, 2007
    I think it'll stay as illegal, since the only entrance would still be a crouch entry, regardless of being able to "crouch jump" through it. Otherwise, there are a few other spots I believe that would end up needing to be reviewed as well.
  5. Jun 10, 2011
    There are quite a lot of spots you can only get to by crouch jumping or strafe jumping that are infact legal, so it would need testing before any further judgement
  6. Dec 7, 2010
    You mentioned a spot on another map that was legal that a zombie could jump in even though it was a crouch entry window. Can you please clarify which map you are referring to?
  7. Jul 14, 2010
    http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4472/zmlilapanicwestside0005.jpg

At first I thought it'd be illegal because it was an illegal crouch entry, but it is easily crouch jumped through.
    This spot is not illegal but it is an example of a crouch entry spot that is legal.
  8. Jul 13, 2011
    could have been that stupid wall on base_winter, but i don't recall mentioning a spot similiar to this.
  9. Jun 10, 2011
    I don't know if you meant to quote me Harvey, but this was the one I was referring to when we spoke on Mumble.
  10. Jul 14, 2010
    That spot is different, you have to crouch jump up there and then it is a straight run at the humans. You can crouch jump to get farther in but, it's different from a crouch entry as you are never stuck crouching.

Crouch Jump Spots != Crouch Entry Spots
  11. Jul 13, 2011
    true penguin, it's just the only spot i really complain about.
  12. Jun 10, 2011
  13. Jul 13, 2011
  14. Apr 23, 2011
    That spot is easy to crouch jump through and the humans aren't too far back to stab BUT
    IF a vendy, or even both vendies from the adjacent room is shot into it for a cade (haven't seen it myself but you say it fits)
    Then that just complicates things a lot
    Keep it simple, Keep it ILLEGAL
    Go somewhere else :razz:
  15. Jul 13, 2011
    Just my 2 cents, but illegal spots aren't determined by how u can cade it. They're deteremined by accessibility (as far as i know) and this spot can easily be jumped into making it not a crouch spot and in my opinion A LEGAL SPOT.
  16. Jan 5, 2007
    And explain how being able to "crouch jump" through the crouch entry makes a spot legal?

If the only method of entering a room or area involves going through a crouch entry, the spot is illegal.
  17. Jan 21, 2011
    It makes the spot legal by precedent. The crouch entry wall on base winter is legal because a skilled zombie can crouch jump in.
  18. Jan 5, 2007
    Meanwhile, someone does +attack with the M249 or autoshotty aimed at the entrance, and walks away to get food.

Just because it's possible to get through it by using a crouch jump, doesn't mean it should make the spot legal. There are regular crouch entry spots that a carefully timed jump towards it followed by a crouch can get you through using the momentum, yet they are still illegal. Spots like this should be no different.
  19. Jun 10, 2011
    Which is why we are proposing that, based on Talla's findings, we should TEST IT.
  20. Jul 13, 2011

Ninja Edit: Btw if this spot is found to be illegal (after testing), how is it any different from the spot on base winter that's the same deal?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.