Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_desprerados_a1_ifix

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Zu∀ƃIu∀uƎɥS, Nov 24, 2013

1. Jul 16, 2010
    So they're just camping in the room, shooting at the wall where the keypad is, so there's no way to input the code to get into the room. Illegal?

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Oct 13, 2011
    I complained about this couple months ago. Not illegal.
  3. Feb 8, 2013
  4. Jun 19, 2013
    @Tony the Tiger!! :D, fix this shit pls. While you're at it, go ahead a re-do ever single map with illegal spots, k? k. inb4 no i don't have time.
  5. Feb 3, 2012
    @Tony the Tiger!! :D stated that if a train of zombies could easily over run this spot. Overlooking past rounds with this spot it's been scotch multiple times.

In my personal opinion, even though how over powered this spot is, I think it should remain legal.
  6. Oct 13, 2011
    It's not about getting in, it's about typing the code. You can't type the code if there are more than 3 humans inside. Also, shoot the keypad = win.
  7. Feb 3, 2012
    When Tony is online he will explain more about this spot.
  8. Mar 26, 2012
    Illegal spots would be if only one person could chill there, continuously shoot (or not), and it would be impossible for zombies to reach him. If it requires three people to make it impossible for zombies to reach 'em, that's not illegal because it requires three people.

A person complained on me a couple of months ago, but the complaint didn't question whether if the spot is illegal or not. When I used the spot, I'd shoot zombies when the door opened where zombies were trying to come in. I wasn't creative enough to think of shooting through the wall preventing zombies to type the code; that's a good idea! There is a bar window by the radio. Is it possible for zombies to stab humans from that bar window? I was always a little bit nervous about that. Can zombies slowly type the code in e.g. press 1, get knocked back, go back, press 2, etc. until they completely type the code, or does the code reset after sometime?
  9. Feb 27, 2012

As for the spot, i've been raped pretty hard while holding it with another person. Although you can shoot through the wall, it's all a guessing game of where the player is, what zombie they are, and what gun you are using to shoot through. You can barely even knock them back even if you do get headshots. Anyways, once the code has been typed once, all you have to do is press the 9 to open it again, making it pretty easy to get in. The code can reset sometimes because you or someone else hits a different button. It's still really easy to type in the code there. Then take the mother zombie into consideration. The head hitbox is pretty small, and it could get right in there and stab the player before the teleport activates. Follow that with a half zombie (even if the mother zombie gets stuck in the corner and doesnt stab anyone), the half zombie would troll his way in without getting hit and stab the players in there, since the players would be focusing the pretty OP mother zombie.

I've been stabbed in there with 3+ people because of the mother zombie distraction -> half zombie troll in and stab us a few times.

It's okay, teamwork can be used on ZM too, not just ZE :wink:
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feb 3, 2012
      Tony's post pretty much supports my decision on remaining this spot legal. No further details should be necessary for this thread in my opinion.
      • Agree Agree x 1
        Jed, Nov 24, 2013 Last edited by Jed, Nov 24, 2013
      • Mar 8, 2013
        no. the window is a solid brush.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Feb 3, 2012
          Tested this spot with Tony and has been failed when shooting at the wall. No further details should be necessary for this thread after it being tested and taken to decision.

Spot should remain legal in my final opinion.
          • Feb 8, 2013
            When you're being shot, no possible way to type the code.
          • Feb 27, 2012
            It literally took me all of 7 seconds, WHILE BEING SHOT AT, to put in the code, disable the jail teleport, and stab Jed.

If Jed were still online, i'd love to record a demo and show you how easy it is.
            • Feb 3, 2012
              Tony was able to get in while being shot at during testing.
              • Feb 8, 2013
                How many was Tony facing? When I was being shot, there were 3 and it wasn't possible for me to type the code. If you're the one shooting him, your shooting probably just sucked. Ask @Nayr and two more to test it.
              • Feb 27, 2012
                Then that's called teamwork. Any amount of teamwork can make any spot OP.

Lila long hall, Lila corner room, Bluetown bed room, Bluetown basement, Unpanic Sign, Officespace closet (with the boxes behind the desk)

All of those spots couldn't be held with just 1 person, and even in most of those spots with 2 people. Teamwork is the key to success in ZM. The game is already waaaaaaaaay zombie sided as it is, and destroying a spot because of good teamwork just doesn't seem right. It takes time to figure out how to get in the room just right, and even then, you might need to use the TEAMWORK of zombies to get in...

1 player in that spot=weak once you've figured out how to get in
                2 players in the spot=weak once you've figured out how to get in and have the appropriate zombie class selected
                3 players is probably overpowered, but again, teamwork teamwork teamwork. A simple zombie train with jumping, various zombie classes, and timing it just right would get in there just fine. You're just not putting enough thought into how to counter the humans in that spot.

You have 5 minutes per round, that gives you plenty of time to select a new zombie class, reconnect, and try again. Mother zombie is wonderful for that spot since most players would be expecting a half zombie and would be shooting low. (Unless reconnecting JUST to change zombie class is against the rules, then use the other tactic of zombie training with various other zombies instead. That outside door opens as well, so it couldn't be that hard to yell at people to come in and help.
              • Jul 1, 2010
                As far as I know and as far as Momo knows, the three person thing was never an actual rule on what to base an illegal spot on. This may of been the preference of Harvey, I'm not sure. But that's really all it is, a preference (unless an LSA+ knows of an actual unwritten rule or written rule that I've missed).

As far as the spot, I don't currently have an opinion one way or the other, as I haven't looked in to it.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Feb 3, 2012
                  Did more Tests today on ZM and the Code Room has been over run multiple times with 3 humans shooting the wall. Regardless how many humans are shooting the zombies through the wall the spot is still accessible and can be failed very easily.

No further input should be provided by myself since numerous rounds I've observed led me to my decision. Should remain legal.
                • Jul 14, 2010
                  A demo of this would probably shift people's opinion :razz:

Regardless I am in favor of keeping the spot legal. It probably works because of all the dumb zombies on usually :bugeyes: