Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_downtown_night

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by GiGaBiTe, Feb 21, 2018

1. Mar 26, 2009
    A few people have asked me to look into making a night version of zm_downtown. This is a prototype of a potential night version using a bunch of scrapped ideas/assets from other unreleased maps of mine.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • Jun 17, 2014
      Can you possibly make the blimp ungriefable because fuck you @Griefachu?
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Mar 26, 2009
        I can either make it not controllable from the blimp or put something like an explosive that can be triggered remotely with a hidden button.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Jun 17, 2014
          :thumbsup: I approve.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Oct 29, 2010
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Aug 6, 2016
              Gigabite needs to have a map making class.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Mar 26, 2012
                I've been lately liking your maps. It grows on you? I think downtown looks much better in the dark. I am kind of tired of all the maps being daytime. It looks you added a couple of extra spots. Hoping that you added some extra secrets too, lol. I love secrets.
              • Aug 12, 2017
                looks awsome cant wait to try it out:inlove:
              • Mar 26, 2009
                If you have questions that don't already have answers on twhl.info or interlopers.net, I'll answer them the best of my ability.

If you want a one on one via teamviewer or something, it'll cost a bit of dosh.

There will likely be more secrets because I'm planning on removing the 3D skybox since it doesn't really work well at night. There will be more detail on the periphery of the map to make up for the loss of the skybox.

There are two other night maps on the server, zombie ranch and my deep_thought_redux.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Mar 26, 2012
                  I personally don't like zombie ranch. It's too dark? Not enough spots either in my opinion. The Mona Lisa secret is kind of a pain in the butt to do in my opinion. Isn't there like fog as well that makes it even harder to see? Something like that.
                • Oct 24, 2015
                  I like it, we need more content even if it's revised versions of maps! We should play this map soon!!
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Jan 3, 2013
                    You mean by stopping the blimp? Fuck you too. I don't even know how to make the blimp stop moving. Have you seen me make it stop before, if not then stop making false accusation. You are making yourself look silly.
                    • Funny Funny x 1
                    • Jun 17, 2014
                      • Agree Agree x 1