Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Jenos, Jul 4, 2011

1. Mar 25, 2011
    Hello again, as a few more of you now know, i am making a map/map series based on dead space. Each map will be based on a different part of the USG Ishimura, and I will probably make them in chronological order starting with thee maintenance bay. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I would like you to do two things:
    1). Suggest a name for my map
    2). watch this video: (Lambda's signal that that part of the map is either under construction or has construction/expansion planned, I will use this throughout the WIP thread).

2. Apr 9, 2007
    Holy smokes, it looks great!

With how narrow those passages are... it would make sense to have it be a ZE map instead of a ZM map.
  3. Mar 25, 2011
    vents are going to be a big means of transportation, and that's really the only slim hallway. I admit i was worrried about people block then realized i could just have the vent system go to the same destination.
  4. Apr 9, 2007
    Even with vents, it's still impossible to navigate the hallways. This could be as big as the LOTR maps :shock:
  5. Nov 2, 2010
    Great WIP! Look forward to playing this :razz:
  6. Feb 21, 2007
    are the vents going to be illegal spots?

it looks good so far!

and kyle, big maps are ok, look at highway!

Should he be part of the "mapper" group?

Remember, zm_retslag1 is always a good name for a map :thumbsup:
  7. Mar 25, 2011
    You can stand up in all the vents, the only place you have to crouch is when you're going to that room through which i may fix later if it even needs to be.

And i think he means "big" as in popular.
  8. May 15, 2011
    I agree. :teehee:

As for the map that looks bitchin'.

I wish I was that good. D:

Also I don't see how slim hallways are hard to navigate.

As long as the people aren't complete Retards it should be fine. :tard:
  9. Apr 9, 2007
    I meant popularity wise :razz:
  10. Mar 25, 2011
    Oi, more video mates.

As you can see, I've added a very large vent-like space above that little passage, at the end of the passage is an elevator which for some reason or another isn't working. And of course, who could for the quarantine? If a terrorist (zombie) goes to the end of the vent and falls through the light, it locks the door to the elevator hallway, and sets off an alarm. Don't worry though, that corner room still has two access points.
  11. Mar 25, 2011
  12. Mar 25, 2011
    Thursday update, I've started on the tram control room and tram room. I have yet to make the actual tram (which could take a bit). I also finally got to finding and deleting the micro brush (a brush smaller than the grid unit) that causes a weird stretching block bug. Some pictures:

No more stretched out block bug.

The Tram Control room.

The (WIP) Tram Room (I need some feedback on the tram room).

One more picture of the Tram Room close to the track/tunnel if you will.
  13. Mar 25, 2011
    Bumping with a tram.

With props.

And an outside.

Now i realize it's not the most impressive looking tram in the world, but It should be a nice hold spot.
  14. Mar 25, 2011
    Bumping this.

Still tweaking out some lighting bugs and a few leaks. Mainly the control room and the Tram bay/room if you will. Expect updates in a couple weeks!