Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal zm_endless_v1_0

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Badgriuel, Aug 17, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 20, 2010
    I noticed a player on the pillars of this map that are holding up the buildings and bridge. There are lips that you can stand on and it also seems there is a lower area that you can stand on as well somehow. All those pillars look like ledge spots, there is no other way to view them since its a thin line that you have to use to walk on. You also need to run boost to get further into those pillars as well. I would like to have most of the pillars on this map made illegal as ledge spots.

[IMG]
  2. May 27, 2008
    I can get behind this. I've seen some people do some extraordinary maneuvers in this map and the spots they find are crazy weird and least expected. And they are the essence of the servers' rule: No ledge spots.
  3. Dec 17, 2007
    I was spec'ing this player and the way that he got there was him and another player that was good a bhopping drop down to one of the pillars from the top, one would then rb the other to get to the next pillar, and then the other player would just pfly, they would keep doing this for as long as the time limit would allow them. Although some ppl already know my feelings about this map, it would def be imposs for any other player to get to them, not only are they are on a ledge spot, but you would also have to be in a party in order for this to work.
  4. Feb 3, 2012
    I feel like this spot could easily be dominated by the more advanced bhoppers. I noticed some questionable spots that turn out to just be nothing. :razz:
  5. Mar 8, 2013
    for the record, here are some demos of most of the possible/useful bhops in this map: https://mega.co.nz/#!oUglESiZ!WVRArA2MdHFx5HAeYv4Nc4PhzM_7Y9Ccgd5GoTgZiTU

the only pillar that's impossible to get to without runboosting is the one in the picture, and even then it's only the top part that would be illegal. the "invisible" ledge that guy is standing on can be accessed by first bhopping to either of the 2 adjacent pillars (as demonstrated in my recordings) and then jumping down.

i realise this is unlikely to ever happen in regular gameplay, so i'll consider adding some sort of catwalk system between all these pillars in the next version, but for now you'll have to deal with the map being dominated by people who know how to bhop.

i've also got another surprise planned for this map, just you wait...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • May 31, 2012
      ^ Exactly. I've died in that spot several times before, and it's difficult to defend it.
    • Feb 21, 2007
      i suggested making those spots illegal when I added the map in the suggestion thread. It was shot down by others.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Jul 20, 2010
        The demos you provided help the argument that most of those pillars are ledge spots since he pillar in question you had no demo of bhopping to because its impossible.

@retslag1 yea I hear you on that it seems people lack common sense
      • Mar 8, 2013
        so because one pillar is impossible to get to, all of the pillars should be illegal? did you even read my post?
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jul 20, 2010

The pillars are still ledge spots, you have to land on specific areas from your demos, and a zombie can easily be shot off when they land or make a move to try and tag the human.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Mar 8, 2013
            This would be a good idea, it would def help out regular players that don't know how to bhop or who are unwilling to take the time to learn. However, as momo put it in another thread it's about the current version of the map. I agree with badgriuel if you are a regular player it is impossible for you to get to that player, and you honestly have to think of it from their pov and not just a bhoppers pov.
            Post Merged, Aug 17, 2014
            I honestly don't think that ppl are seeing things from a regular players pov and don't understand that spots like that are impossible to get to if you're not a bhopper, most ppl on ZM don't know how to bhop and ledge spots like this one, they can't get to
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jul 20, 2010
              • Dec 17, 2007
                i'll give you this you are good at bhopping, but what about if the person at that spot is the only one on the server at the time that knows how to bhop?, regular players don't know how to get there...this would be an awesome map if pF had a bhop server
              • Feb 13, 2014
                Lots of players in pf know how to bhop. Whether they are on at the time of the map or not, we shouldn't say a spot is bad because not everyone can bhop. Learn to bhop. Or use the party system, this works wonders on this map.
              • Jul 20, 2010
                Bhopping should never be a requirement for players to enjoy maps and our servers. Not to mention still a ledge spot.
                • Agree Agree x 4
                • Feb 13, 2014
                  Not a requirement no of course not. Was just responding to oranges comment
                • Dec 17, 2007
                  yes in pF maybe, but i'm talking about those that are not actually a regular on pF, those are the ppl that i am thinking about, ppl that just come in to play and are not trying to learn all the different techniques or are not part of a party. A map should be fair to everyone from someone with advanced skills that has spent a lot of time playing on maps and all that, to those that have just started and are in fact just regular players looking for some relax time.
                  Post Merged, Aug 17, 2014
                  exactly the point i am trying to make
                • Dec 27, 2012
                  Like it or not, with the knowledge of how to bhop, you will have the upper hand no matter what map is being played. That's how useful bunny hopping is. It is definitely not something that should be a requirement in order to play any map at all but the map under discussion has no such requirement. It's just like any other map in my eyes in terms of bunny hopping; Know your shit, you'll have the advantage.

Having fun is just as much possible even if you have no clue of what bunny hop even is, and the keyword "fun" is something I personally regard as one of the most important aspect for new and of course current players.

Getting very off topic here, sorry. Ledge spot = Illegal. I fail to see why there would be an argument about this.
                  • Agree Agree x 3
                  • Oct 29, 2010
                    So you're wanting all of the pillars to be illegal? I think the innermost pillar definitely warrants a discussion, perhaps even some of the harder to access outer ones, but certainly not all of them.
                  Thread Status:
                  Not open for further replies.