Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_ep2outland_b6 bugs

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by dillinger, Dec 14, 2011

1. Feb 1, 2011
    Since this map is on rotation, I figured I should point out some remaining issues that I've seen pop up during live gameplay on the servers.

First, it is possible to end up below the map by using the launchers. I'm not exactly sure WHERE you have to go to end up below the map...but it definitely happens.

Second, it is possible to get to top of the edge of the mountain, also with the launcher. Thanks to GRUDGE for posing for screenshots :grin:

2. Jul 28, 2011
    wow these make me look fat.

Anyways... I used that launcher at the far end of the map (the side with the tunnel) to get to both of these locations. By strafing to your right you can land on the cliff. From there you can either walk along the top of the cliff or drop below the map.
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    Thanks for the details man! I didn't really understand when you were trying to describe it in the server - makes perfect sense now. Sounds to me like it'd be a pretty easy fix :thumbsup:
  4. Dec 7, 2010
    Once concern I had with my brief encounter with the map was with the speed enhancement. I noticed that with the enhancement and the topography of the map humans can fly across the entire map as well as avoid any zombies or obstacles making its use clearly unfair if not illegal. The reason the speed enhancements were acceptable in WTFHAX is multifold: The landscape of the map is completely flat preventing any airborne escapades. There are multiple choke points and obstacles in the map allowing zombies opportunities to tag the human.

From what I had observed its use would only cause problems due to its fundamental unfairness.
  5. Kyle
    This message by Kyle has been removed from public view.
    Dec 15, 2011
  6. Jan 21, 2011
    I disagree. The dualies are hard enough to get as it is; even bella has a hard time getting them. The map is relatively open, yes, but there are bottle necks in certain places. As players learn the map, I believe they will have an easier time choosing where to wait for a player with the speed boost.
  7. Nov 14, 2010
    I was sure I fixed the "bottom of the map glitch" in the latest update.
  8. Dec 7, 2010
    Even though with my limited experience on this map, I can fly/climb over anything on the map while using the speed boosting mp5. It looks like a completely unfair advantage to me.

Speed Enhancement Demo: http://www.mediafire.com/?r67g6pszsxz4cj8
  9. Feb 1, 2011
    That stinks :frown: I took those screenies last night when it was on live rotation (the b6 version). Maybe there is a hole just where GRUDGE was standing?
  10. Jul 28, 2011
    It would have to be a pretty big "hole" because I could drop under the map at any place along that cliff
  11. Dec 7, 2010
    Just as a reiteration, I also observed Grudge at the edge of the map:

I also observed a half dozen people under the map as well.
  12. Jan 21, 2011
    Illegal ledge spot. Ban that fool.

13. Jul 28, 2011
    I agree
  14. Nov 14, 2010
    Well, I'm glad I kept it b6 and not pf
  15. Aug 5, 2010
    Is that google trolling :verymad:
  16. Jul 28, 2011
    I was also able to get outside the map (with the speedy gun thingy) on the opposite side of the map. Sorry, no screenshot :frown: I think you should just add some giant clip brushes lol
  17. Dec 7, 2010
    Bella, please make the necessary changes to prevent the ability for camping on the edge of the cliff and to close the hole that allows people to glitch under the map. I would also like to request something be done about the overpowered speed enhancement mp5 in game.
  18. Dec 7, 2010
    Bella, bad news.. Tony Montana found a simple way to get outside your map. Here is a demo: http://www.mediafire.com/?1jv6ojcci8cvvbt