Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_ep2outland_pf_v2

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Marshall, Apr 29, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 6, 2012
    So there is this gun, that grants speed in this map. I believe it needs to be marked as illegal. I am attaching a demo of a player with the gun equipped. I have taken the demo on a local server to show speed without players interfering and one on the server to show that it does reflect on the server as well. Thank you for your time.
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dec 7, 2010
      This is Bella Basic's original map. The speed mp5 was discussed and covered in depth. Originally it was so fast that the speed mp5 owner could run/fly up the side of the mountain without even the possibility of zombies following. The speed was nerfed to the point where it was more realistic and increased the likelihood of zombies being able to catch the speed mp5 owner by using teamwork.

Once others have reviewed the demo and feel further discussions are necessitated, this thread can be used for that purpose.
    • Mar 6, 2012
      Thank you so much for that info. I literally searched for the post for the map. My shortcoming is that I did not look for the pre-edited map. I apologize. I really like the map.
    • Nov 2, 2011
      I believe its fine. Players that knows how to acquire the speedgun will expose himself on zombies and everytime that i play this beautiful map, the player that has it gets stabbed lol.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Why would you make it on my am illegal Harvey even tho it is wayyyyyy slower then this one?
    • Mar 6, 2012
      This is not about the beauty of the map. Bella did a fantastic job with. Looks amazing, BUT, I watched every round people get the gun and just around like crazy dodging zombies.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      I disagree, most people end up getting stabbed with the weapon. This is from personal gameplay experience. And on a side note, I have to agree with Mario about his dualies on gold star. Their speed is much slower but they are illegal. I can't warp my head around that. :confused:
    • Dec 7, 2010
      Just to clarify everyone's understanding of the speed weapons, you first need to understand the topography of the map. For example on WTFHAX, to move around in the grounds, you need to pass through several choke points. In between the wall and the containers, in between the fence, etc.. With these choke points it gives the zombies a fighting chance using teamwork to tag a human. Originally on Bella's map, the speed mp5 were the same speed as WTFHAX, but the map topography and its speed allowed anyone to go straight up the side of the mountain leaving the zombies in the dust and unable to follow. With the speed being nerfed, they were no longer able to fly up the side of the mountain and had to follow the same roads allowing zombies to create choke points using the topography.

Now with mario's map has no choke points in his topography. As long as you are moving faster than the zombies, you can avoid them virtually indefinitely. As a test I grabbed his speed weapon and ran around the map for 3 full rounds without even getting touched. At one point there were 30-40 zombies chasing me and when I felt they were getting too close, I jumped into the water and was easily able to avoid them (since you can now move at speed in 3 dimensional space). Believe me when I say this frustrated a lot of players causing some to leave. I tried explaining this to mario but he was uninterested.

Hopefully this will give you some understanding why based on circumstances certain features are not appropriate.
      • Informative Informative x 2
        Harvey, May 2, 2012 Last edited by Harvey, May 2, 2012
      • Oct 17, 2011
        Yes but I fixed it and made it slower and wayyyy to slower then the last version and you weren't there to test it and have not even tried it yet. What if I make a new version where it turns off when you go into the water? I really need those dualies and Bella's has double times speed more then mines. You can also ask sajak because he always tells me that why Harvey still makes it illegal after reducing the speed multiple times.
      • Dec 7, 2010
        Mario, you are still not listening. The point here is to create choke points in the map topology to allow zombies to funnel someone to tag or corral them. In a wide open space as long as you are moving faster than anyone else, you can avoid them virtually indefinitely.
        • Informative Informative x 2
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Yes, and I retract my sentiments after Harvey's explanation. If Harvey wants to retest, that's up to him. It makes sense, goldstar has no choke points...
        • Mar 6, 2012
          After the explanation Harvey, that makes complete sense to me too. Thank you for the very informative explanation!
        Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.